The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA Central Event at MPH cancelled for April 13-14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just a quick update that the event hastily transferred to the Hastings track after the severe flooding of the Platte and Missouri rivers flooded the Raceway Park of the Midlands, has been cancelled. After the catastrophic flooding the Regional Director and George Anderson ( MPH Mgr.) worked to have an alternative for racers , but many drivers had already made alternative plans understanding that RPM would not be open after the flooding. I know 3 of my track buddies had already decided to attend another race when RPM went under water, and it became apparent to MPH and NASA Central from their correspondence that many drivers were already committed, so cancelling the event became necessary even after their herculean efforts.

Good news is there is another NASA event there for those who really want some extra track time before the Mustang Roundup in September. Check out drivenasacentral.com for the June date in Hastings. For those in the Midwest , NASA Central will also be hosting an event in May at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, Ks.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am heading off to Pueblo Motorsports Raceway to run with the NASA folks in Colorado ( nasarockymountain.com ) so I can hang out with my good buddy Tymeslayer. Hope to meet some other TMO drivers there, as this is considered one of the top tracks in Colorado and who wouldn't want to do an HPDE, Time Trial , or road race, when you can spend some quality time counting the 150 mods Tyme has done to Sweet Lorraine!?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Sorry about the difficulties that NASA Central is dealing with but I am Looking forward to seeing you at Pueblo, Mr. Bill.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Got and email from an old friend today and he warned me about turn 10 ---apparently going onto the drag strip is a test of tricky traction?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Step ahead of you my friend , and will leave a bit earlier too. Thanks for the kind consideration and you were quite correct, my initial drive route would possibly have been quite hazardous. My long drive just got longer heading down into Kansas earlier , but looking forward to racing in Pueblo -- my concept of a real Rocky Mountain High!?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
... er, my very young and wise friend John suggested caution at turn 10 also!

Now if I had just listened to these two youngsters I would not have blown turn 1--- and boy was that an important one to get right? Frankly my two young friends did not talk loud enough for this oldster to hear them clearly - damn Boss S is a loud mutha.

TMO Supporting Vendors