The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
May

NASA HPDE/HVR Heartland Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
No video of me today. Spent most of the day following the train. Apparently that’s just what you do in HPDE1. I did get promoted to HPDE2 after my third session in a steady rain. No Windows, no wipers, and on slicks. Learned a lot. Instructor was either convinced enough that I could handle it sideways in the rain or too scared to get back in it that he promoted me.

Anyway, put it through the ringer today. Definitely no longer clean. I’ll get some in-car tomorrow.

1621731031301.jpeg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Here’s the only video from this weekend. I was pleased to be able to catch and pass the Cobra. In the previous session I was able to catch and pass a newer GT350. However, the owner was as green as me and I’m 100% certain that was the highest contributing factor. The car still had a temporary paper tag.

I have lots to learn, shift locations proper gear for certain locations on the tracks seems to be my biggest challenge. It will come with time and experience.

First three laps are yellow and drills. Fourth lap is green flag.

Fastest lap...6-12 seconds slower than the vintage race guys.

1621905341843.png

Learned a lot and had tons of fun. Also got to meet @jayhawk261. Super nice guy. Sorry I did t have a lot of time to talk. I know all you guys know there isn’t a lot of down time in HPDE1 and HPDE2 with all the classroom sessions.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel