The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA MSR Race Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is Sunday's two races, I was battling a bad understeer all weekend. R3 was the worst, but it was my personal best. ??? In the R3 video you can see in most of my turns I never unwind the wheel until I'm at track out. Very unnerving.

R3
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOjEgToNgc[/youtube]

R4 Having some shifting problems in this race
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd89DCVD-2E[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
This could have been REALLY embarrassing!
Brand new tires

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZP4kRML_qE[/yotube]

At least you didn't eat the wall :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fun watching you run Smitty, won a National Championship there and it was on the same 1.8 mile track you guys were running, so brought back all the memories. Technical track, hard to pass , but you found the couple of spots that were the best places to intimidate your competitors. Most fun watching was you sticking your nose in there announcing your intentions and carrying them through. Remember watching your videos from last year and you have stepped up your aggression , and you are driving well. Tough deal with some minor mechanical woes with the gearbox, but you stayed in their battling.

Owner of the track is a great guy and a gearhead-----------he often takes prospective customers around the track in his Stang , and shows them how quick they can rip around the course ( and it is a V6 ). Keep posting your vids and what kind of times were you turning this weekend?

Thanks Bill, I think that is the most aggressive I have driven so far. Having a blast and still learning lots! I'm going to TWS in two weeks, hopefully I can keep it going. Unfortunately, this could be the last year for TWS. If you haven't driven there, you should try and go this year.

Tulsa, OK
smittytx said:
Thanks Bill, I think that is the most aggressive I have driven so far. Having a blast and still learning lots! I'm going to TWS in two weeks, hopefully I can keep it going. Unfortunately, this could be the last year for TWS. If you haven't driven there, you should try and go this year.

Good luck at TWS. I got the chance to run there a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did before they shut it down and make room for housing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel