The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA racing with Cobetto from 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Great race video from VIR, I really enjoyed watching your line around a very fast track. The excitement before you both broke out of the pack had me on the edge of my seat with the bump on the Vett.

That Boss in front of you sure had the power coming out of the turns and on the straight, but you were all over him in the corners. No wonder they eluded tech and Dyno at the conclusion of the race. Something was going on under that hood!

Nice, real nice driving.

Best of luck to you and your team in the 2015 season.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

For the record, neither the driver or lead car are me, but I'm definitely appreciating their speed. And Darren has a video doing 2:05 in his hot rod. Seems like they're running 2:08-09. What really was striking was the speed up the Esses. On a couple of laps, Cobetto was almost flat out, and had to be in the 120 range. Also, he was braking really late on the front and back straights, showing us mere mortals, what is possible with the right setup. IMHO though, he was a bit off mark at 5a at times, and could hit throttle a bit earlier. For some reason, I'm starting to get rear wing envy, go figure.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I didn't time their laps but they must be going faster than 2:08-2:09…My first time at VIR in a basically stock Boss with Conti take-off's and Hawk pads I did a 2:09.

Flyboygsxr said:
I didn't time their laps but they must be going faster than 2:08-2:09…My first time at VIR in a basically stock Boss with Conti take-off's and Hawk pads I did a 2:09.

You're in a very elite club, to do that.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I've got him at 2:07, 2:09, 2:08, 2:10, 2:09, and 2:10. They look like they were running American Iron rules, I have run 2:12.39 but my car is an outlaw with 455 whp. Darren was over 465 when he ran his 2:04-2:05s. Cobetto's car has double a arm front suspension and his braking is fantastic into 1 and 14. I can see where I can pick up 2 seconds with just a little bit more balls.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors