The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA TWS video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is R4

My tires were almost worthless, heat cycle 16, but it made for lots of fun.

Unfortunately, I traded a little paint. :'(

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGQooRLDzos&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiUhg[/youtube]

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Sucks that guy wouldn't let you in when you had 3/4 of a car on him. We have to dial in a little bite off the corners for you, you were fighting the wheel every exit.
I also love how Boss cars always pull up on the banking, like a freight train.
Always enjoy your race videos, good luck Smtty.
Steve

steveespo said:
Sucks that guy wouldn't let you in when you had 3/4 of a car on him. We have to dial in a little bite off the corners for you, you were fighting the wheel every exit.
I also love how Boss cars always pull up on the banking, like a freight train.
Always enjoy your race videos, good luck Smtty.
Steve

My tires were trashed, My fastest lap that day was my first one in the morning, and the times went downhill from there. 1:54.9 first lap, about a 3 second loss for the rest of the day. Surprisingly, the last race was a blast to drive.

As for the contact, I'm still waiting to hear who they assign the blame to.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
As for the contact, I'm still waiting to hear who they assign the blame to.

I'd be very angry if they said that was your fault. Other driver clearly wasn't side-by-side with you or even far enough up on your car to own the line, then it looks like he slid into you once he hit that curb carrying so much speed.

ArizonaBOSS said:
16 cycles? Dude you gotta spring for fresh tires at least every other weekend! "Business Expense" ;)

I had a brand new set with me. That was my first set of those tires, so I was kinda experimenting with their longevity. I knew they were toast before the last race, I didn't see any point in changing them for the last race since it was an inverted start.

ArizonaBOSS said:
I'd be very angry if they said that was your fault. Other driver clearly wasn't side-by-side with you or even far enough up on your car to own the line, then it looks like he slid into you once he hit that curb carrying so much speed.

That's my argument.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Next time we are on track together (if you ever show up :) ).... I'm checking your tires before I get near you ;)

I'll be at Hallett in June... see you then!

WinterSucks said:
Always beware of the guy in the old worthless Camaro...

It was actually a Fox body that hit me on the inside of the turn. And I know your kidding, but that worthless Camaro is pretty damn fast.

JScheier said:
Next time we are on track together (if you ever show up :) ).... I'm checking your tires before I get near you ;)

I'll be at Hallett in June... see you then!

Can't wait for Hallett, we should have a great car count for Thunder. I think we had 46 for TWS.

That's what I was saving my new tires for. ;D

Did you hear they just repaved Hallett?

Watched the video again. I thought it was the Camaro since you had just passed him and he was right on your tail. Then suddenly... The comment I made about watching out for the cheap older cars is just that those guys might be more prone to take risks than the guys in newer cars. I know I would.

roadhouse said:
Great video smitty, thanks for sharing with us. Sucks you traded a little paint :(

Did you hear who they assigned blame to?

They found the other driver at fault. He didn't have position on me when I started my turn in.

WinterSucks said:
Watched the video again. I thought it was the Camaro since you had just passed him and he was right on your tail. Then suddenly... The comment I made about watching out for the cheap older cars is just that those guys might be more prone to take risks than the guys in newer cars. I know I would.

The driver of the Camaro backed off in the turn. He thought the Fox was going to take me into him.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
They found the other driver at fault. He didn't have position on me when I started my turn in.

That's the right call for sure. "Congratulations"...
Does he pay to repair your car now, or ? I haven't reviewed the contact rules or BCR stuff too much.

ArizonaBOSS said:
That's the right call for sure. "Congratulations"...
Does he pay to repair your car now, or ? I haven't reviewed the contact rules or BCR stuff too much.

He doesn't have to pay, but he offered.

TMO Supporting Vendors