The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA @ VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i'm getting all giddy just thinking about it! i have all sorts of new fun stuff i am dying to try out!

got my dynotech driveshaft installed. got my lightweight Team Dynamics 18x10 wheels with hoosier scrubs. got a tpms system with readout so i can see real time temps on track. i should have my new windshield banner today (thanks trackday solutions!). i should also see the auto-blip at my doorstep today! hope i can get it in before friday.

pufferfish said:
i'm getting all giddy just thinking about it! i have all sorts of new fun stuff i am dying to try out!

got my dynotech driveshaft installed. got my lightweight Team Dynamics 18x10 wheels with hoosier scrubs. got a tpms system with readout so i can see real time temps on track. i should have my new windshield banner today (thanks trackday solutions!). i should also see the auto-blip at my doorstep today! hope i can get it in before friday.

Thats great! Me too. What tpms system you have? The japanese one with the led display?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, the orange electronics someone suggested in the tpms thread. seems pretty cool. i am very curious to actually see what my temps are in real time. i am also going to try out my plastic "pipe bomb" of factory tpms sensors to trick the car into thinking the right ones are there and pressured up. i haven't been able to test it out since my street tires have the sensors already and im too lazy to swap over the race tires until i need to.

where are you staying? i got a place above the garages next to pit road (not that i got a garage spot, but at least my commute is super short!)

I have that tpms. The temps are celsius though. Lol
Im anxious to see if your factory tmps fake out gadget works. I inquired about the possibility of that.

Im staying at the lodge on site. Youre in the paddock suites. Theyre kinda retro but you cant beat the location!

My dash is like a velcrod gadget christmas tree.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
the directions are the worst translation ever! but, i was able to fiddle with it and was able to change the C to F degrees. you can also change the PSI to Kpa or bar.

tube #2 has been holding air for 2 days now (tube #1 valvestem holes were too big and it leaked). i spent a lot of time researching how they work and understood they use kinetic energy to power them, but talked ot a ford tech and he said its a battery. the delay in reading when stagnent tires go back on is not kinetic engery development time, its the computer figuring out if the signal is a real tpms or outside interference. there is also speculation about whether the computer can self-learn new tpms signals, but american muscle sells a tool to sync the tpms to the car. their instructional video shows a process which includes reading information from the dash display, so i'm inclined to believe that is how it is done. the next question is will my tpms-in-a-tube be able to individually sync (its done per corner) or will the sync tool mess up because they are close together?

on another note, looks like we might see snow on sunday? what the hell?!

pufferfish said:
the directions are the worst translation ever! but, i was able to fiddle with it and was able to change the C to F degrees. you can also change the PSI to Kpa or bar.

tube #2 has been holding air for 2 days now (tube #1 valvestem holes were too big and it leaked). i spent a lot of time researching how they work and understood they use kinetic energy to power them, but talked ot a ford tech and he said its a battery. the delay in reading when stagnent tires go back on is not kinetic engery development time, its the computer figuring out if the signal is a real tpms or outside interference. there is also speculation about whether the computer can self-learn new tpms signals, but american muscle sells a tool to sync the tpms to the car. their instructional video shows a process which includes reading information from the dash display, so i'm inclined to believe that is how it is done. the next question is will my tpms-in-a-tube be able to individually sync (its done per corner) or will the sync tool mess up because they are close together?

on another note, looks like we might see snow on sunday? what the hell?!

Not again! Are you serious? I got snowed on in February....Time to bust out the tire chains...lol

EDIT: You had me going there. lol

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Danville+VA+USVA0206:1:US

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i swear it said 40% chance of snow/rain mix on sunday! and the high was 39. its now 40, so thats heading in the right direction. it needs to keep going up!

side note, i am going to have to try something else for the tpms bomb. i tried to sync them last night and as i feared, the sensors are too close together and when sync'ing one, the one directly across from it gets sync'd too and makes the computer fault out. i wonder if they can be sync'd without pressure? then i could sync them before i shove them into the tube.

TMO Supporting Vendors