The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASATX Cinco de COTA 05/04 - 05/05

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I was thinking of going but the $1199 price tag moved it to my bucket list for next year. Too much money spent, already, lightening the Boss S and that entry fee would cover 3 NASA events in my Region!

B Taylor, post pics when you are there so we can all be utterly envious and jealous!?

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
When you mention the cost is $1200, I take it you are including the cost of the garage as well or maybe the hotel? The event itself is $899, with a coupon for $100 on another NASATX event. I definitely dig that is a big chunk and I have to plan special for it, but compared to other events there, not a bad charge for two days of driving at COTA.

In regards to the no real desire to run COTA, I've heard others bring that up as well and it's definitely a personal preference. When it first opened up, events were really expensive in my eyes and it just wasn't worth it. Now that things have come down some, I am glad I have been able to drive there. The first reason is just the challenge of the track itself. Lots of different corners, a good chance to stretch the legs down the straights, and the length presents a constant thinking challenge. There is also the part where it is fun to watch a professional race there and be able to say "I know what that turn is like". Not to say I am a professional, but just neat to say I've been on there as well.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hang in there Strength, I understand, as COTA is on my list yet nothing weird about it not being high on yours - I have others I want to hit ahead of it. Have friends that rave about it, but then I have had friends that rave about Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Sears Point ( Sonoma),etc., and those tracks are ones I want to go to actually more than COTA. Heck, forgot about Barber, and that is up there pretty high too!

Like Captain D. I have been lucky to run plenty of tracks that are considered legendary ( Road Atlanta, Road America, Mid Ohio, VIR, Sebring, to name a few ) , and given a choice I would hit Watkins Glen first! I think alot of the mystique of tracks is based on what we grew up on , and the desire to go to certain ones has been smoldering in my lead foot for years!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
Finally got a change to post up a video from this event. I struggled with the timing apps on my phone so I only have video this time. Starting to get pretty comfortable with myself and the car and I enjoyed the later passes through the corners. Next stop is Hallet, OK with NASATX on June 7th - 8th

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ah, the one thing I really miss about my GT 350 is the ..........................sound! Gawd I love the way these things wail at full song?! Thanks for posting and getting a bunch of us even more excited to make it to COTA someday!?

TMO Supporting Vendors