The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

National high volume low margin Ford dealer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Likely Tech Group only 2016 GT 350s and for guys who want to track the beast ( like many on this Forum), that would not be their choice.

But there are always folks out there that will never track the car. Check as to why they are at the Auction though-- am always skeptical, when a vehicle is a super hot ticket, why would it ever have to go to the Auction?

Last edited:
Bay Area
Look into Santa Clara Ford store. They had two black TP 350s. I was working with a rep there. I told him that North County Ford in Vista was going to sell me one for only 1k ADM. he said they would match it. I was all about it then the oil cooler recall happened, they couldn't sell it to me, so after waiting for the fix, I drove my Boss more and was over it. They never listed the 350s or put them in the showroom. Good luck man.

http://www.santaclarafordstore.com/...N4S5iY4_AdEMoHVTiAUMD56IS5dGIxYle8aAmdR8P8HAQ

Likely Tech Group only 2016 GT 350s and for guys who want to track the beast ( like many on this Forum), that would not be their choice.

But there are always folks out there that will never track the car. Check as to why they are at the Auction though-- am always skeptical, when a vehicle is a super hot ticket, why would it ever have to go to the Auction?

Hi Bill,

I wondered also why such low mile and high demand cars are at auction. Sometimes if I call the dealer I can find a little info but also likely I get someone who has no clue. From personal experience I do know of a couple of guys who "thought" they could drive/love a stick & then quickly changed their minds. Another guy bought his "dream car" and wife made him sell it after a neighbor complained of the loud exhaust. So I don't know, but that does seem a like a lot of 350's, of course I can find a lot of Vettes too.

Thanks for the interesting discussion, I'll keep the thread going until I end up with something.

:)

I bet you are right. Either one package or the other.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Update I have found 3 black 350's in SoCal for $3-3.5 over sticker without trying too hard. Phone calls. If I show up with my checkbook out probably drop a little from that especially month end.

Still looking.

The dealers with the R's are wanting 10+ over. Maybe when the 18's are on the lot's I can get one for sticker (if there is one left).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel