The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NCM Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, notice the fans to cool it between runs. He's a member here so maybe he'll stop by and give us the details of his mods.

@Memmer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I want that splitter and wheel spats…I have been so reluctant to put a splitter on because everyone I see that goes off track with one even if they don't hit anything the splitter tries to mow the lawn and destroys the front clip.

The spats are a huge difference and so is the splitter. I made that one off of a WC splitter and made a gauge 1.5" long and went around the whole thing, so its 1.5" longer and 3"wider so it can hook up with the spats and doesn't protrude out past the fender so it is rules compliant with many series. It also runs all the way back to the front of the k member to create a somewhat slick bottom.

Any other questions please ask, and the fans are also for the breaks. Most of the time the car doesn't have any cooling problems, it only runs about 10-15 degrees hotter than a N/A car and makes an additional 250hp and 200lbft so even when it does get hot its still more fun than not having the extra power. :D :D

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu44LtQp8pA

This is a video of me going around NCM but if you skip towards the end you can see your white Boss come around me. I am no match for the power you are putting down. I got the video of the drift you did going past that corner worker that kept black flagging you. My fastest lap of the day was a 2:18.1 though I think I broke into the 2:17's but didn't always have the lap timer running. The video has some fast laps and some formation laps with my buddy driving a Formula Firebird/Mad Max car with his homemade aero. Anyway, ENJOY!!!

Adam

I met Memmer at Sebring in January, He was kind enough to remove my clutch helper spring for me haha. His boss is on a whole other level though, insane build.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Flyboygsxr said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu44LtQp8pA

This is a video of me going around NCM but if you skip towards the end you can see your white Boss come around me. I am no match for the power you are putting down. I got the video of the drift you did going past that corner worker that kept black flagging you. My fastest lap of the day was a 2:18.1 though I think I broke into the 2:17's but didn't always have the lap timer running. The video has some fast laps and some formation laps with my buddy driving a Formula Firebird/Mad Max car with his homemade aero. Anyway, ENJOY!!!

Adam

Nice run Adam, and that white blown Boss is a rocket on the straights but I thought you drove a really good line and actually kept right there with the white Boss in the turns. Of course once the straights opened up that was a different story, but it took some time before he vanished.

A question, towards the end you let off and once your track buddy passed, you got back on her just at the end of the vid. At first I thought you were on cool down laps, but then got back up to speed, what was going on there?

Thanks for the vid and OBTW, your Boss looks and sounds great. Good luck this season.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I just wanted to shoot some video of him from my cars perspective…It was actually his GoPro in my car and that was the plan when we went out. My fastest lap was a 2:17 while he was turning about 2:26…it was so hard for me to not want to get on it and show the Porsches out there what the Boss can do but it's fun turning laps with your friends.

He is a really good friend of mine and a great driver but he's driving an old Formula Firebird so it's not really fair. I'm pretty sure he holds the Firebird lap record around the Nurburgring though because he's the only one who tracks that car. He is capable of a sub eight minute lap. Here is another video I shot of his car going around the Ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BlG-40CbX8

Here is an in car at NCM from the same weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWjven8SD3g&feature=youtu.be

ENJOY!!! I just love listening to the crackle in the exhaust

PS…talked to the owner of the white Boss, 600HP at the wheels!

TMO Supporting Vendors