The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need a favor-size of bolts/nuts -- inserts on each side of Intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All, I was doing a routine inspection of my Boss's engine compartment. Noticed that the passenger side soft black insert(there are two of them on each side of the intake manifold(sorry, I don't know the name) was loose. In fact, I could lift it off and slide it out if I wanted......

Looked further and the two nuts are gone that hold it down-------weird....never has been removed (at least not that I know of). Short of letting Ford know next time I take it in, I wanted to know if anyone knows the side of the two bolts that stick up so I can put two nuts back in to hold it down....

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
The fuel rail covers? Look at the other side, odds are they are the same size...

ace72ace, yes, the Fuel rail covers.......and thanks for that tip. I did look yesterday and they were present on the other one but did not take them off yet.....was hoping for the size so I could just go get a few more.....thanks again

TMO Supporting Vendors