The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need a little suspension advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hey guys - I am hoping one you suspension gurus can help me pinpoint a problem.

I just installed a set of ground control coil overs and have the front lowers at 26.75 inches from the ground to the center of the top of the fender. The rear is 27.75 inches from the ground to the center of the top of the fender. After I got everything installed I noticed a squeaking on the right side I can’t pinpoint front or rear right now. Its intermittent. I pulled the wheels off on both the front & rear and checked to ensure everything was tight and set properly and it is. Has anyone else had this type of problem? The car is aligned and the other mod is the MGW shifter.

I have installed coil overs before in the past so this isn’t a 1st time thing for me.

Thanks for any advice / input.

isrboss

Squeaks are usually from panhard or sway bushings. Squeaks on bumps or steering?

If you haven't changed the swaybar then I would think it is the sway bar end links on the rear, mine had the same issue after lowering with P springs.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
byronj said:
Its not twisting. I think its from the panhard bar.

Does the bar have grease fittings? I had a significant amount of squeaks and noises after my suspension re-do. A fair amount of the noises were eliminated by using the grease gun " Liberally " on the fittings. Now....all I have is the "Clunking" which seems to be related to the two piece drive shaft.

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors