The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need a set of winter wheels and all season tires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need to find a decent wheel/tire combo that will get me through the winter. I'm not planning on driving in snow or ice but need to be able to drive when I need to. My daughters car turned in to a POS and now she's using my wife's car, which in turn trickles down to my wife using mine, so here we are. Any help would be appreciated. Tirerack wasn't much help.

I just bought a rim and tire package from American Muscle that I am very happy with. I got the charcoal AMR wheels with General G-Max tires. The front are 19X8.5 with 245/45/19 tires and the rear is 19x9.5 with 275/40/19. I also got them mounted and balanced with the TPMS installed. Shipping was free and the total price including new lug nuts was a little less than $1800.00.

rinkus said:
I just bought a rim and tire package from American Muscle that I am very happy with. I got the charcoal AMR wheels with General G-Max tires. The front are 19X8.5 with 245/45/19 tires and the rear is 19x9.5 with 275/40/19. I also got them mounted and balanced with the TPMS installed. Shipping was free and the total price including new lug nuts was a little less than $1800.00.

I went too AM found some 18" rims for $140 per.^ thanks for your input, I didn't think to go there. I did find some cheap tires ( 275x40 ) at tirerack for $135. For a couple of months of cold weather driving they should due. A question for the people that run a square set-up on the track - If I went this set up would I be rubbing up front if I went to the tuning limit? While parking for example?

I got my rims and tire's installed today and I'm happy with them, here's some pic's I took with my phone.

Bossbackgoodresized.jpg

Bossfrontgoodresized.jpg

Bosssideresized.jpg

Those wheels look good. Nice job.

If you are driving that beautiful Boss in the winter you can let us know how that works. I don't think I've ever seen a thread on how a high performance car drives in the winter !! Hopefully as stated no snow in it's future. But necessity, I get it.

Not a Boss but I’ve driven my 2011 GT through New England winters for years no problem. Quite a few people do this. I do swap out my coilovers for the original suspension and use 235/18 blizzaks. Works great, goes everywhere with no real fuss with up to about 5-6 inches unplowed snow. Obviously you have to drive it like a rwd car.

Our awd family cars on all seasons accelerate better on snow and ice but my Mustang on blizzaks stops and turns better. I honestly prefer the Mustang. I keep trying to teach our kids who are new drivers, awd on all season tires gives a false sense of confidence imo.

TMO Supporting Vendors