The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need a Tremec TR-6060 Bellhousing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
GT500s and 302S have a Tremec TR-6060 integrated bellhousing. I believe Ford part number is DR3Z-6392-A, -B, or -C. Shockingly, they have been discontinued for years by Ford. Crazy a 7-8 year old car already has so many discontinued drivetrain parts.
I have a good TR-6060 trans, but the bellhousing part needs replaced. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I looked into the divorced bellhousing option and using a Quicktime bellhousing. Issue is I haven't found a shop that recommends it and takes 4-6 months even if Quicktime will build it (even though they built them in the past). Mine has the integrated trans pump, so I'd have to build a exterior pump solution if going the divorced bellhousing route.

Based on your car profile, is this for a 302S (just asking since the category is S197 3V)? The GT500 apparently had two different bellhousings and it looks like the original variations were -A and -B. -A was then later updated to -C and then -B was updated to -D. That being said, I couldn't find a single listing for -D ever actually being sold, even though parts websites said it did replace -B. The first letter 'D' of the part number would imply it was a 2013 revision part, which would be in line with the 5.8 GT500. That leads to me think that -A or -B being fitted to a 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 was based on if the purchaser chose the SVT Track Package, since that added a transmission cooler and the marketing material specifically states that this option meant their TR-6060 came with the internal pump (and the lines requiring bellhousing provisions to fit).
1638239789186.png
This video shows a Camaro TR-6060, but the idea and implementation is probably extremely similar:

By comparison, here is the inside area of a Shelby GT500 TR-6060 from the 2011 model year, that doesn't show the integral pump or bellhousing provisions for the lines.
1638240282731.png

While the DR3Z parts are all seemingly discontinued, the one that kept popping up was 7R3Z-6392-A (this one is actually available, and could be the part pictured above without the pump provisions). I can't plug in a 302S into Ford's parts website, but they marked it compatible with 2009-2012 Shelby Mustangs. However, the part number begins with a '7', so that means it was a part introduced for the 2007 model year, which falls in line with the TR-6060's use in Shelby Mustangs from 2007-2014. Since to my understanding the transmission bolt pattern is the same on the Modular engine family, I would be under the assumption that this part number may be a possibility, but I'd heavily suggest checking with someone that has much more knowledge in the subject than myself. Based on what I found above, if it does fit, I would imagine it would not have the integral pump compatibility (which is why Ford and some other parts websites cut it off at 2012 MY, whereas other parts sites extend to 2014 since it may fit those last two model years if they didn't option for the SVT Track Package).

1638238696572.png

Good luck!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
Thanks very much for the info! It all lines up with the story I was trying to put together. I picked the wrong category ‘3v’ by mistake.

I believe I have the -B or -D version because I have the integrated pump. I have a 2013 302S. Unfortunately, for me Ford upgraded to a Exedy clutch for the 2014. I have the terrible Ford dual disc clutch, which failed with only a
few hundred miles. Btw, getting this trans with integrated bellhousing out is no easy task. I wanted to do a divorced bellhousing solution with a QuickTime bellhousing, but would need a new cooler solution.

Tremec, Ford Performance, and Ford dealerships all have the same answer of discontinued.

I did a part query on car-part.com (salvage part locator) and there was one listing for just the bellhousing. May be worth the call if it's the right part and they have it for a good price. This is specifically listed as having the pump provisions for the SVT Track Pack, but I'd check with them on the phone as well before having it shipped should everything else check out. http://www.connecticutmustangllc.com/

1638243038581.png

Also, here is confirmation on our -A/-B running theory (V gets replaced by Z for the parts department code and '7003' refers to the entire transmission sold as a unit. I'd assume the -A/-B bellhousing number would match the -A/-B for the entire unit as an assembly, but you never know for sure.):
1638243268943.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
I did a part query on car-part.com (salvage part locator) and there was one listing for just the bellhousing. May be worth the call if it's the right part and they have it for a good price. This is specifically listed as having the pump provisions for the SVT Track Pack, but I'd check with them on the phone as well before having it shipped should everything else check out. http://www.connecticutmustangllc.com/

View attachment 70510

Also, here is confirmation on our -A/-B running theory (V gets replaced by Z for the parts department code and '7003' refers to the entire transmission sold as a unit. I'd assume the -A/-B bellhousing number would match the -A/-B for the entire unit as an assembly, but you never know for sure.):
View attachment 70511
Gosh you are resourceful. I owe you some beers. I put in a request quote form, so we'll see what happens. I noticed part grade is 'ungraded', which could mean anything. I'll definitely ask for pictures. Thanks again!

Gosh you are resourceful. I owe you some beers. I put in a request quote form, so we'll see what happens. I noticed part grade is 'ungraded', which could mean anything. I'll definitely ask for pictures. Thanks again!
Glad to help! I found as far as salvage yards go, best result are found by calling them directly. You can reference their stock number LP10012.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
No luck today! Salvage yards have no idea what's online in their database. Connecticut Mustangs, talked to them twice and they don't have it. Called Tremec, Ford Performance (again), multiple tremec vendors/distributors, race teams, and a couple trans shops. Not sure how many stones remain to be turned over.

No luck today! Salvage yards have no idea what's online in their database. Connecticut Mustangs, talked to them twice and they don't have it. Called Tremec, Ford Performance (again), multiple tremec vendors/distributors, race teams, and a couple trans shops. Not sure how many stones remain to be turned over.
How about this? It has the pump provisions, but was altered to use a Quicktime-like bellhousing solution. It may be a good way to keep your current cooling set up and get you back on the road if you can't find the bellhousing in its entirety. May be worth chatting with the seller and see if it will work in your application.

1638300839738.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fairfax, VA
I was optimistic for a minute. I messaged the part owner (no response yet). However, I looked at my trans face and this adapter plate, but isn't correct for my setup. I'm not sure what the poster means by large bearing design (not sure what I have regarding bearing design size). Talked to Watson Engineering and several others. Most leads are dead. Maybe a couple hail mary passes still out there. One option is a few shops believe they can weld/repair my current bellhousing without impacting the strength of the bell.

More I think about it, re-installing the integrated trans is not ideal. Subframe had to be lowered and engine tilted to get it to come out. I told myself during the job, I will not put this back together without a separated bell. Maybe get my bell repaired and leave as a backup trans and go Magnum XL unit. XL also needs a different length driveshaft, so the kit to go all new is lengthy. Grrrr!

Again, much appreciated assist on this one. I feel for the next victim who needs parts for the Ford TR-6060.

TMO Supporting Vendors