The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need cold tire pressure recommendations on Contis for BIR this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unfortunately my Blizzak's corded at my last track day so all I have left for track tires are Conti slicks. Fortunately the temp is 34* so they shouldn't crack, but just wondering what you guys recommend for cold pressures.

20130501061926.jpg

20130501061932.jpg

20130501070933.jpg

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I believe the 'hot' pressures that GTRacing supplied me with were 30-32 psi.

Check out the Hoosier Tire Temp Recommendation page... should get you close.

In case you are lazy, the R6 for a 3000+ lb car has a desired hot pressure of 34-39 psi with a starting cold pressure of 23-29 psi

JScheier said:
I can FedEx my tire groover to you and you can turn the Contis into snow tires :)
Unfortunately it might come to that. Still holding out a glimmer of hope......Fri high of 50 mostly cloudy, Sat high of 44 (30% chance of rain) and Sun high of 56 cloudy.

GA
byronj said:
Man I am so glad I do not live where some of you guys live. Good luck getting track time this w/end

It is cold here around GA/AL/SC up until late Feb/early Mar. I don't go on track anymore until April since you don't get enough traction for it to be fun. If I wanted to waste that much of my money not having fun I would just take the woman shopping. :D

drano38

Wayne
Gary,
Leave the Boss at home and drive the F-150 on the track. ;)
And you live too far south--no snow up here.

OK pulled the seats and put the numbers on. Hopefully that induces warmer weather :-\ Looks like it's time to break down and get a new windshield.

20130501184319.jpg

20130501185807.jpg

Gary - That Boss is looking like it is itching to get back on the track. You better not disappoint it and wimp out just because we're gonna need snow tires 8)

My Boss is strapped to trailer and ready to roll tomorrow afternoon, regardless of whiteout road conditions.

LS110 said:
Gary - That Boss is looking like it is itching to get back on the track. You better not disappoint it and wimp out just because we're gonna need snow tires 8)

My Boss is strapped to trailer and ready to roll tomorrow afternoon, regardless of whiteout road conditions.
You're shaming me into it. Now just have to work on Kevin :)

TMO Supporting Vendors