The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need help troubleshooting an engine issue: (vibration/miss at WOT, low rpm)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is just a ceramic insulation. if the end of the plug wasn't moving around due to the fracture in the ceramic, there's a good chance that wasn't your problem, but i hope im wrong lol.

Re: Need help troubleshooting an engine issue: (vibration/miss at WOT, low rpm)

captdistraction said:
That was it. Time to try out the gopro 240fps mode in the plugs' impending demise.

Awesome! Good news.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
ArizonaGT said:
All that frustration from a cracked plug...oh well! Time to BURN RUBBER!!!!

Oh man did I ever. The tires are a bit more shaved now. It feels much smoother, no stumble, and so much more power. All from one tiny crack I missed on the first inspection. You can hardly even see it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Either way I think we're in for a spin-fest. My stock P-Zeros are almost worthless right now, I hope these springs help.

You should get a dyno graph now that she is healthy!

Sesshomurai

Good news. Yeah, with a cracked plug the arc can sometimes leak out or dissipate.

Re: Need help troubleshooting an engine issue: (vibration/miss at WOT, low rpm)

captdistraction said:
That was it. Time to try out the gopro 240fps mode in the plugs' impending demise.

Thats great!

hint: i like in car videos better LOL

F.D. Sako said:
That is just a ceramic insulation. if the end of the plug wasn't moving around due to the fracture in the ceramic, there's a good chance that wasn't your problem, but i hope im wrong lol.

The ceramic is there to hold the spark in. Any crack and you get what the OP experienced. Airplane mechanics always throw a plug away that has been dropped even if it's only a few inches and shows no outward sign of damage.

TMO Supporting Vendors