The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need help with fender liner clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently had my fender liners removed to have some work done on the car (full body wrap). When they reinstalled the liners, I don’t think they put the push pins back in the right locations and some have fallen out.

I’m going to order new pins from Ford, but the parts diagrams are not very clear. Could someone provide pics of the factory fender liner push pins installed in which locations?? They seem to vary in size/style depending on the location.

Thanks in advance

I recently had my fender liners removed to have some work done on the car (full body wrap). When they reinstalled the liners, I don’t think they put the push pins back in the right locations and some have fallen out.

I’m going to order new pins from Ford, but the parts diagrams are not very clear. Could someone provide pics of the factory fender liner push pins installed in which locations?? They seem to vary in size/style depending on the location.

Thanks in advance

Quick, I have a’17 gt pp. I’ve had my wheel well liners out several times. There are two or three different size plastic retainer pins (or push pins). Sometimes I re-use them and sometimes I replace them, depending on condition. But, when I needed to replace them, I just took a couple different sizes to a local auto fastener retailer and bought a bunch - pennies per piece. Then I use the one that fits the hole best. It’s cheaper than buying from the dealership and works fine. In most cases, I just replaced the two piece retainer pins with one piece versions. They’re much easier to use. If you want everything exactly the way Ford did it, your local Ford parts person can probably hook you up pretty easily. Best wishes.

Thanks. The ford parts guys are less helpful than you think - they basically look at the same screen as what you can find on Tasca (which isn’t helpful).

I was hoping to find someone who could take pics, but I ordered a random smattering of clips to try and put it together.

If you can wait they can be found on Amazon in bags and also small/large kits usually called out in MM sizing.

I just ordered 100 for the plastic underbelly on my daughters fusion for 3.99 shipped, that’s almost free!

@Quick, the key things imo 1) you don’t need the exact oem retainer pins, unless you just want to keep the car 100% original, and 2) you can get the pins much cheaper from sources other than the dealership. Any pin that’s big enough to hold securely will work.

@M91196, good suggestion re Amazon. I didn’t check there since there’s an auto fastener store near me, but I bought 50-100 in multiple sizes too because they were so cheap and I figured I could always use them.

TMO Supporting Vendors