The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need Help With Temp Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
I'm playing with the idea of adding temperature gauges and I seem to develop more questions the more I look into this and those questions are just all over the place. I would like to add engine oil temp, trans oil temp, and engine coolant temp. I guess a simple and straight forward way of asking my questions is to number them out; so here we go...

1. Is engine coolant temp all that necessary if the car already displays CHT?
2. I'm looking at the A pillar triple pod pack from Glowshift. It looks as though it would block your view quite a bit when driving on track. Am I on point here or it doesn't block your view all that much?
3. Is there a company that makes a single digital gauge that can display three temps at the same time?
4. From what I've read, it seems most people put the engine oil sensor in the drain plug of the oil pan. My 2018 has this plastic 1-turn drain plug rather than a normal threaded bolt. How would I make this work on my car?

I did some searching through older threads and couldn't find anything specific, so sorry if these questions have already been answered. Thanks in advance!

Monaca Pa
I'm playing with the idea of adding temperature gauges and I seem to develop more questions the more I look into this and those questions are just all over the place. I would like to add engine oil temp, trans oil temp, and engine coolant temp. I guess a simple and straight forward way of asking my questions is to number them out; so here we go...

1. Is engine coolant temp all that necessary if the car already displays CHT?
2. I'm looking at the A pillar triple pod pack from Glowshift. It looks as though it would block your view quite a bit when driving on track. Am I on point here or it doesn't block your view all that much?
3. Is there a company that makes a single digital gauge that can display three temps at the same time?
4. From what I've read, it seems most people put the engine oil sensor in the drain plug of the oil pan. My 2018 has this plastic 1-turn drain plug rather than a normal threaded bolt. How would I make this work on my car?

I did some searching through older threads and couldn't find anything specific, so sorry if these questions have already been answered. Thanks in advance!

I am going to put my Transmisione is a pic temp sender in the Transmision drain plug. Will see how that works out. I put my dif gauge and trans gauge in my dash vents thanks to seeing gtorpedo do it to his car. I thought I had updated pic with the trans gauge installed but I don’t. Her
ACED9557-D5D1-4D1D-B284-008F4F6CA899.jpeg

9025037A-77D5-47A2-BB5B-D20D415B8EB0.jpeg

Last edited:

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Gale Banks has a gage that can display up to eight items, reads of the OBDII connector and you can also add 4 or 5 analog inputs, It isn't cheap probably set you back $800.00 at a guess. I've been tossing around putting gages on my Boss, there are some double gages out there but again they are not cheap either. I don't want to put the pod on the dash so pillar or something else?

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel