The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I was parking my Boss in front of a drain since it was the best spot in the whole parking lot in terms if no one parking next to me and the spot is on a slight incline. Well I knew there was a chance of it rolling forward and scraping up the front so I decide to put it in reverse to put some space between the front and the drain well as soon as I put it in reverse it decides to lunge forward and go into the drain......... Painful moment..... So I get out and it has pulled down my front splitter, scrapped up the paint above the splitter and moved the bumper a little. So popped the splitter in as much as I could on site and adjust the bumper as well. Now I just got to do touch up and possibly replace the splitter, nothing too bad. Has anyone else had this happen? And would you replace the entire splitter?

Dude I feel your pain! No, I haven't had this happen yet, but if it was me, I would call my insurance company, (Man Up) and get it fixed! That's why we pay for those high premiums! :)

Ben

It's not that bad atleast to where I'd have to get insurance which I wouldn't do even in this case. I just got some scrapes and a loose front splitter. I can do everything myself and already have pretty much done the biggest thing with popping the side of the bumper back in place. Should I replace the front splitter or not is my question and what is it holding in to as well since it won't pop in some spots I'm curious what type of bracket is up there.

killerwill13 said:
It's not that bad atleast to where I'd have to get insurance which I wouldn't do even in this case. I just got some scrapes and a loose front splitter. I can do everything myself and already have pretty much done the biggest thing with popping the side of the bumper back in place. Should I replace the front splitter or not is my question and what is it holding in to as well since it won't pop in some spots I'm curious what type of bracket is up there.

I would buy another splitter but hold off on replacing it. If you park in that same area and it happens again you will pissed if you scuff the new one up. Wait until you have a better spot then fix it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Ouch that is painfull. I scrap mine coming out of areas with a steep incline. I also always worry about hitting the parking curb things. I have a curb alert sensor mini kit that I still have yet to install. Maybe one of those would help you out once you get yours sorted out again and keep that from happening again.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/curb-alert-sensor.html

Yeah. Well my theory is right on bosses lol. Boss + Parking + incline = bad time. Well first thing I do when I get home is take off the spoiler and clean it up and put it back up after adjusting everything

GA
killerwill13 said:
Yeah. Well my theory is right on bosses lol. Boss + Parking + incline = bad time. Well first thing I do when I get home is take off the spoiler and clean it up and put it back up after adjusting everything

Pretty much any lowered car + (insert driving activity) + incline = bad time. ;) This is why I am reluctant to lower my car while it is a DD. From the looks of your sig you could drive a different Mustang every day of the week. :)

GA
Justin said:
killerwill13 said:
Anyone have a remote idea what the part number is for the 2013 boss front splitter? The whole part number system makes no sense
I guess the 13's are different than the 12's?

From what I have seen of the '13 I think the front splitter is on all GTs and it is integrated in the front bumper cover. I could be wrong.

Well after getting off the splitter and taking a looks at what 3 miles on the interstate look like it was not pretty...d874b465.jpg
Also for anyone in the future the screws on the 2013 Boss are different then the 2012... the 13 uses a 7MM while the 2012 uses a 1/4.
Also took a picture of it withour the splitter and i gotta say it looks pretty darn good without it on.1d76212e.jpg

On another side note the owner of the dealer i bought my Boss from has been trying to get SBY touch up paint and he has confirmed with his ford rep that currently ford does not have a SBY touch up paint...

Justin said:
hmm maybe MRT will come out with a replacement for the 13's. I would say that front splitter is pretty well shot!!

I'm hoping to hear that ford has one that is reasonable. But until then Im going to try to make the current one work..... A little bit of time elbow grease and patience getting it back in some usable shape.

TMO Supporting Vendors