The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered one from my friend who is the owner of the ford dealer. Cost me 425 big ones...... After this Im stockpiling two of them oince prices come down.....

And for everyone to know Im pretty sure we cant drive without the splitter becasue it keeps the belly under the radiator and engne compartment from being pulled down while driving... If you remove both the splitter and the belly your good to go though..

How high is the splitter off the ground? Cause I have a 2006 with a custom front fascia and its ground clearance is about 2.5 inches from the bottom of the front end to the ground... Surely the BOSS is higher than that? I have very little problems in most cases with the nose of my car... But then again, I am used to driving it as well, you just have to "Creep" into every driveway that is elevated, course, my 2006 is a AUTO, so that makes it a bit easier to "Creep"

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
How high is the splitter off the ground? Cause I have a 2006 with a custom front fascia and its ground clearance is about 2.5 inches from the bottom of the front end to the ground... Surely the BOSS is higher than that? I have very little problems in most cases with the nose of my car... But then again, I am used to driving it as well, you just have to "Creep" into every driveway that is elevated, course, my 2006 is a AUTO, so that makes it a bit easier to "Creep"
its not so much the height but the amount that it sticks out.

Justin said:
rpm3dinc said:
its not so much the height but the amount that it sticks out.
EXACTLY! It doesn't have a problem with rubbing. It just that it sticks out enough to cause problems.

I see, well I guess I could joke about how some guys are not used to the extra 6-8 inches, LOL, but I can see your point. My bumper is only about 2 inches longer than a stock on roughly, so I can see where that might take some getting used to.

Will have my BOSS soon, then I am sure I will feel the same way.

TMO Supporting Vendors