The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need some help from someone that has a 2018 or newer Helms Ford Mustang Service CD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need a huge favor if you have the 2018 or newer service CD. Startup the Service CD program
Go to:
- Workshop Manuals
- View Table of Contents
- Engine
- 5.2L 32V Ti-VCT
- Assembly Engine (towards the bottom)

Find where the Piston Cooling Jets (Piston Squirters) are installed (should be at the beginning of the engine build process.
Highlight some text before and after the picture so you capture the picture - select with mouse
Right mouse click and select copy
Open up MS Word and Paste or <CNTR> V - will / should copy what you highlighted in the Service CD program
Send me the Word doc - [email protected]

Thanks in advance!
Peter

In the V6L
Perhaps you know already, but you can buy 48 hours of full access to the online Ford dealership version of the CD, up to date and valid for all years all models for $22USD at Motorcraftservice.com.

Here's what's in my 2016 service CD:

1588526775774.png

You can right-click on the image and do a "Save as" from this webpage to get the image.

Thanks!

I have the 2017 CD and that picture is exactly what I have. There was a change on 01/24/2017 and they changed the piston cooling/squirters. I believe that the 2017 CD was published late 2016 (early) and it also doesn't have the cartirdge type oil filter adapter but the older spin on adapter. The newer cooling jets are BR3Z-6K868-E and were used as of 01/24/2017. They look like this:

Piston Squirters.jpg

I was wondering how they were installed and exactly where they sit - are attached to the block. I don't believe that there was a block change. Seems that 2015-2019 GT350/R all used the same block. I am just surprised that the 2018 CD doesn't have the picture of the above piston sqirters (coolers). Don't know where else to look to find out how and where they attached to the block.

Also on parts.ford.com there is no part number for the piston coolers in the picture you posted / that I have. FP has Oil Squriter Block Off Kit - M-6868-M50. I assume that the part number would be xxxx-6868-x but there is no match on that number. The FP ones are plugs that close off the hole and are used for drag racing to reduce engine oil windage. Parts.Ford.com has these new piston oil squirters listed for the GT350/R for after 0!/24/2017 up through 2019. The 2020 GT350 uses the GEN3 block (GT500) and also uses these piston squirters. The GT500 uses bigger squirters but the same type.

So I have no idea where they would mount, no pictures that I can find.

In the V6L
Hmmm... maybe @bauern or @honeybadger can explain how this goes together.

The Motorcraft Service website, as I mentioned earlier, is the source data for the Helm CD's and you look up procedures either by year and vehicle or by VIN. The best part is that it's authoritative for this stuff. Might be worth the $22 to get the picture.

Part numbers require a call to a parts counter, though. The Service Manual doesn't have them but the parts guys can find them easily enough.

In the V6L
It occurred to me that the part in the picture looks like the 5.0 Coyote part, so here's the picture, if that helps:

1588541326620.png

Install the piston cooling jets and bolts.
Torque :
Stage 1: 89 lb.in (10 Nm)
Stage 2: 45°

Hello JAJ,

Thanks! I would have never though to look at the 5.0L! It's on my 2017 CD too. Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! I just find this really odd. They installed the newer piston coolers on the GT and not the GT350 as far back as 2016 (on your CD)? I checked again and even though the original GT350 block is no longer available from either Ford or Ford Performance, FP still has the description of the block up on their website. The FP part number for the original 2015-2019 block is M-6010-M52. In the description it says "Block has provisions for piston oil squirters". I guess the question is which type but since the block was used from 2015-2019, the provision must be there. The newer piston squirters were used after 01/24/17. Wonder if the oil passage for the new squiters is blocked off on the 15-17? I guess it would have to be. Will find out when I dig into the engine a little later. But thanks again for finding this!

BTW, don't know if anyone noticed but it seems that as of MY 2019, both the GT350 and the GT350R engines are now the same. I am not saying that the "R" car and the non-R are the same car, but the engines are. They are only making GT350R engines anymore and even the older non-R parts have all disappeared from the parts system. I mean disappeared and not replaced by. I have a non-R 2017. If I look up the cam phasers for my motor (even by VIN) they are now the "R" low leak phaser part numbers. Same goes for every other engine part that was R specific like chains, etc. The 2015-2019 block is no longer available. Only thing available is a 2019 Service Long Block - KR3Z-6006-B. Now filled with all of the "R" specific parts. So much for the "R" engine exclusivity.

Also found that the 2020 GT350 (now only in R flavor) engine has the new GT500 block but has the older GT350 heads. Odd combination since it can't use the added cooling. They should have retired the GT350/R with a bang for 2020 and used the new GEN 2 heads that flow a lot better. Also uses the older oil pump and water pump. Basically a 2019 with a different block. That would have been a real monster. But I guess now that they are dropping the GT350 line altogether, it's all history. I just find it odd that I can not get the original non-R parts anymore. Not complaining just saying...

Peter

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel