The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need Some Ideas On Switch Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just installed a Hurst Roll Control in my 13 BOSS. I have not installed the switch yet and I am not sure what to use. The switches that came with the kit require drilling holes and mounting the buttons in a flat area. The "arming" switch I can just install in-line and hide under the dash. The actual activating button is the one I am struggling with. I do not what to drill any holes and keep everything reversible.

I will only use the system at the track and only a few times each year so it can be something that is hidden or even unplugs when not in use. Right now I am considering a coiled "telephone" style wire with a button that I will just hold in my hand when at drag strip and stow in my console the rest of the time.

I would appreciate any ideas you may have or maybe someone has done the same thing and came up with a nice solution.

Season's Greetings to all!!!

I wired my JPC line lock, and my own MSD two step launch control together on the same on off switch. . I also use a coiled cord and momentary switch that I store in the console. I punched out the 12v acc. power source in the console and mounted the switch in its place on the rectangle accesory plate near the drivers side of the console. Up for on down for off.(everything out of site) Works for me ;)

daddyfixer said:
I wired my JPC line lock, and my own MSD two step launch control together on the same on off switch. . I also use a coiled cord and momentary switch that I store in the console. I punched out the 12v acc. power source in the console and mounted the switch in its place on the rectangle accesory plate near the drivers side of the console. Up for on down for off.(everything out of site) Works for me ;)

Thanks Daddy. Pretty much the only choice I have come up with too.

I have a linelock on it's way and was thinking about this also. A thought I had was to use the trunk release button, not sure if that will work or not, but I plan to look into it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel