The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need Your Opinion. Boss 302S Wheels. Power Coat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss_302,

Great work and thanks for the research and the time you took to put this together.

I decided today that if I was going to spend the $$ for the any wheel, then I would just buy what I thought would look the best and perform the best as it was originally made.

So, I'll just decided between the 302S machine look or just buy a Matte Black wheels.

I appreciate the input and evidence.

Just because a PC wheel broke doesn't mean it was the PC process that caused the breakage. For every PC wheel that has broken there's probably a million that haven't. Just saying.

Boss949 said:
PTRocks,

Those are awesome. According to FRPP the 302R are only in 18"??

That's correct. That's why I bought them, the selection for 18" tires is much better, and less expensive. The 302R wheels are 18"x10" and require special lug nuts, preferably bigger studs as well. The 302S wheels are 18x 9.5", come in black, and use the stock studs and nuts. They are also forged (see the pics of cracked cast wheels above)

TMO Supporting Vendors