The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Needed - detailed wiring diagrams or part out control board from a 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I've pulled the center console (radio & heat-A/C-fan controls) in lieu of some custom switch/gauges. For now I'm fine since I'll not need the defroster and the A/C is getting yanked anyway. I would like to have fan defroster control "just in case". The whole dash control module in the 2012 is digital, which I discovered when I pulled the panel. That made it easy to take but a lot more difficult to jury rig controls off of it. What I need is the detailed wiring diagrams for the control board that is housed in the center dash console circuit board and the pin outs for the control cable that attaches to it.

If not, if anyone is parting out a wreck of a '12 GT or Boss I'd be interested in the PCB module that is integral to the center dash console plate.

-Pete

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Pete
Call Bill at Rehagen or Patrick at Watson with this one. They should know what to do to get a switch on the fan. I also read that the heater will default to full hot if the controller fails or is removed, don't know if that's true but hope you don't find this out tomorrow. I have been thinking of this one for a while but was hoping for a detailed write up from a guinea pig, I mean pioneer.

I think Drew did the center stack removal but don't know if he is controlling heat or the fan.
In for discussion.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
Pete
Call Bill at Rehagen or Patrick at Watson with this one. They should know what to do to get a switch on the fan. I also read that the heater will default to full hot if the controller fails or is removed, don't know if that's true but hope you don't find this out tomorrow. I have been thinking of this one for a while but was hoping for a detailed write up from a guinea pig, I mean pioneer.

I think Drew did the center stack removal but don't know if he is controlling heat or the fan.
In for discussion.
Steve

The heater stack does go full throttle if the board is disconnected. I have the PCB still connected but 'OFF' sitting in the center dash cavity behind the new center plate for now.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
No way to cut it into the blank off plate? Take a few pics, I have a few ideas to do that with mine, just haven't pulled the trim off to se if I can separate them from the radio/nav screen assembly. I learned at Charlotte in the pouring rain that the defroster fan and wipers are must for wet driving.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel