The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 1/18 scale diecast models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason said:
Looking into the windshield on the 13 RR, I notice cobra emblems on the recaro's. Other than that I really think they did a great job on the accuracy.

Yes, they basically took their Shelby Diecast and painted it, added stripes and changed the wheels and packaged it as a BOSS 302... which is totally fine with me... Cause Technically, that is what Ford did too... in fact that is one of my few gripes about the 2013/2014 Mustangs in general.. In the past (from 2007 to 2012) you could usually easily tell the different between a GT, and Shelby and even a BOSS (2012 version).

If you put the same wheels on 12 different 2013/2014's, removed all striping/badging The only way you could tell the different between a V6, 5.0, BOSS and Shelby was basically what the engine bay looked like and Front Fascia. But even then its deceiving if a 5.0 has the BOSS intake on it. or either the 5.0 or BOSS has a SuperCharger. If someone really wanted to make a Clone, 2013/2014 is the best year to do it... and if they did it right, the only way to tell the difference would be by running the VIN#.

But that argument aside, Hopefully that means there are plenty of spare parts for our cars. As far as the Diecast goes, I like it, at least till someone does it better, but with the limited run of Real BOSS 302 Cars, I doubt many will produce Diecasts, perhaps that is why Shelby did what they did... (change a few things on their die cast and sell it as a BOSS 302).

TMO Supporting Vendors