The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2012 Boss Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richsboss.jpg

Just picked it up this afternoon.

It has the Recaro/Torsen and Floor Mats/Car Cover options.

Been driving it all day and my face is starting to hurt from the perma-grin. :)

Rich welcome to BMO. Congratulations. Is it new and what's the serial number?

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Congrats, you should check out the Zaino thread for some amazing pix of a PW Boss.

ace72ace

You need some props to justify that sore arm! ;) I will know the feeling first hand once I get my RR Boss. I plan on doing it hardcore so I can then just drive and enjoy it for weeks and weeks w/o needing more coats.

5 DOT 0 said:
Rich welcome to BMO. Congratulations. Is it new and what's the serial number?

Thanks.

New.

#3110.

Door jam sticker shows a December 2011 build date. The dealer has had it for 3 months and it was inside, on the showroom floor the entire time.

Homecoming pics:

richsboss1.jpg

richsboss2.jpg

richsboss3.jpg

richsboss4.jpg

richsboss5.jpg

richsboss6.jpg

richsboss7.jpg

richsboss8.jpg

richsboss9.jpg [/QUOTE]

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
you going to get the red key made a trackey? and just so you know you will get a boss owners package in the mail in about a month...its very nice

boss2511 said:
you going to get the red key made a trackey? and just so you know you will get a boss owners package in the mail in about a month...its very nice

Yes definitely going to do the Track Key.

Couple of ?

- Does it have to be a Ford Racing dealer that does the install or can any dealer?

- Does the Track Attack at Miller Motorsports coupon come as part of the owner's package?

ace72ace

Not unless everyone else spells "TRIP" as "__IP", make an appt with your dealer for a warranty replacement. If you cycle through the message center, are those 2 LEDs always black? I guess if you had to have something go wrong with your car, this would fall on the 'easy to fix' I hope part. Now if it's part of the odometer, that might get tricky to recertify the reading, etc, so if that is the case, get this fixed ASAP, you don't need the hassle down the road if & when you decide to sell it. Stuff like that will show up on a carfax.

p.s.

Who's that old guy behind the wheel? ;)

Justin

Rich_S said:
boss2511 said:

Yes definitely going to do the Track Key.

Couple of ?

- Does it have to be a Ford Racing dealer that does the install or can any dealer?

- Does the Track Attack at Miller Motorsports coupon come as part of the owner's package?
I ordered my trackey voucher from tousley ford. I dont know if it has to be a ford racing dealer or not but I got mine done at a place that ford racing site said to take it too.

Justin

ace72ace said:
Not unless everyone else spells "TRIP" as "__IP", make an appt with your dealer for a warranty replacement. If you cycle through the message center, are those 2 LEDs always black? I guess if you had to have something go wrong with your car, this would fall on the 'easy to fix' I hope part. Now if it's part of the odometer, that might get tricky to recertify the reading, etc, so if that is the case, get this fixed ASAP, you don't need the hassle down the road if & when you decide to sell it. Stuff like that will show up on a carfax.

p.s.

I thought something looked off in the pic. does it say __IP for the trip B screen? I would take it in either way

ace72ace said:

p.s.

That is really weird. I just looked at the car now and it definitely says Trip A. The odo readout turns off in a few seconds after opening the car if you don't put the key in I'm wondering if my wife snapped the pic just as it was shutting off.

I'm 38. Not that old. :mad: Lulz.

ace72ace

Glad to hear that it seems to be OK. And I was just poking fun about 'old', I've got 10 years on ya! ;D

Congratz on your new BOSS and welcome to the brotherhood.

If you are live anywhere near Texas PM me and I will add you to our list of BOSS owners for any upcoming BOSS events.

You do not get a Track Attack coupon. Just goto http://bosstrackattack.com/ and sign up. You need your VIN, Serial #, date of purchase and dealership purchased from info.

TMO Supporting Vendors