The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2013 Fusion Titanium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well boys, I am starting a new job where I'll be driving up and down HWY 101, aka the "butt-crack" of San Jose every day. I really needed a plug in hybrid to get a carpool lane sticker. I ended up getting this Fusion Titanium Energi a few hours ago. I really like all the technology in it. It's the anti-Boss! I'm thinking HELLFRZ for the license plate.. ;D

The options are Moon Roof, Adaptive Cruise, Active Park Assist, and Navigation. And if you're wondering, the Boss is sitting safely in the garage!

007_zpsd337b352.jpg

Looking good and I like the color! The adaptive cruise control works really well.

NFSBOSS said:
Looking good and I like the color! The adaptive cruise control works really well.

Thanks! I have a feeling I'll just put on cruise control and let the car pretty much drive me to work in back since I'll be in the carpool lane 99% of my commute.

BTW- I just plugged 'er in. I have a feeling my thirty dollar electric bills are a thing of the past!

I recognize that dealer lot ;-)

I was down there friday for an oil change in the boss and I was looking at those fusions too...nice car. if I ever had much of a commute, I'd get one of those in a heartbeat.

I saw a white Boss down at the dealer but it was a '13. Thought about you. Yep the adaptive cruise is very nice and will work well on my trips up and down 101. I spent some time reading the manual this morning. There is much to learn with this car!

fuhrius said:
I also really like the way the adaptive cruise works...took a little getting used to but it's awesome.

What? You mean gritting your teeth as you let it do an 80-30 MPH panic brake? Yeah that's a thrill for sure!

Here's my update since I've now been putting 140 miles a day on it for about 3 weeks, and with 4500 miles on the car:

I'm driving an extra 85 miles a day or so since I've been temporarily re-assigned to a supplier's site in Concord. That means the bulk of my driving shifted from EV to ICE (that's electric vehicle to internal combustion engine :eek: ) My MPG has dropped from over 100 to about 50 or so.

My current strategy is to run on EV until I get up to speed on the road near my house, about halfway to the freeway on-ramp where you really want to have the ICE fired up in case there's a truck coming up the HWY. Without the ICE, the EV only has like 88 HP or something. Hence the custom license plate HELLFRZ which should be here soon!

MPG if just cruising along burning gas in Hybrid mode is right about 45 MPG at about 70 MPH. In the 70 miles each way, the computer changes it from ICE, EV, or a combination of the two at least 50 times. You just don't notice it unless you're watching the display or don't have the radio on and are just listening. It's seamless.

One last thing I noticed is with the windows up and on EV mode I could hear a girl talking on the phone walking down the sidewalk next to the road while I drove by at about 20. It's that quiet.

All in all I'm a lot more satisfied with my purchase than I ever thought I'd be. I bought it for the carpool lane stickers, but love it for everything it does so well, which is everything but acceleration and handling LOL !

I remember as a kid, ok teen, wanting my own gas pump at my house. Well today I installed the modern equivalent. 240V charger for the Fusion. It should take about 2.5 hours to put 8KWH into it which gets me 20 to 25 miles. That's about 80 cents or so under my EV plan with PG&E.

002_zps8083c0d8.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel