The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2015 Mustang Details Confirmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe BOSS said:
So I was reading Car and Driver (NOV issue) about the new mustang etc.. And one little blip caught my attention. They mentioned that they will be sqeezing out more HP for the BOSS. Now I thought it had been determined that there were only going to be 2 years of the BOSS... I have been looking online for the story, but haven't been able to locate it yet. Right now it's on my tablet. If I have to I will grab a screenshot of that portion and upload it for everyone.
Someone who knows a lot about Mustangs told me the other day that the Boss will continue in the redesigned models as well. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but I found that interesting. I'm betting/hoping it's the case and will be standing in line to get one if it's true.

When I read the C&D article, I got the feeling that they were just guessing and making it sound "right". I wouldn't put any weight behind it.

I received my C&D mag yesterday but didn't get time to read it between baseball games and the VP sparring match. :D

I've read that engine won't fit in the new engine bay.

Roush has been testing it for a reasn???

The 5.0 is most definitely gonna be available in the new S550. The only reason V8s are on the out is because of emissions and fuel economy standards put in place by the government. Its just plain easier to slap a turbo on a V6 and make good power while also being eco friendly. Direct injection will be how Ford ups the power as well as emissions and fuel economy. The 5.0 is already engineered for it, and Ford has had no qualms about admitting it. For all you fellow V8 lovers, have no fear. This picture of the 5.0 in the new S550 chassis just cements what I have noted here.

attachment.jpg

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
Look Ford is not stupid....I know it may be a hard pill to swallow, but there are some people in the world smarter than the average forum troll. I know how the amenity of just a keyboard and a locked , lonely , low lite room can have on the physic and all, but it only makes you seem smart...not the real thing I'm afraid.
Ford has a new business plan, and that plan calls for a global strategy when it comes to their vehicle they wish to sell. They have been there and done the " New model for each country thing" It didn't work out to well. As you might remember Ford had to sell most it's assists including the very name of the company" FORD" to refinance and restructure the company to correct the many mistakes of the past. Without this enormous effort on their part, we would not have had a Boss 302, or the new Coyote engine to plaster, post and pretend about here. Yes, Ford did think about something very similar with the Probe, many years ago. Had they succeeded, I am sure we would be looking at a completely different Ford, and not the proud owners of a Boss 302, Shelby or anything like it.
That was then, this is now, the difference in the 30 something years is this is the right time for the change. They have a global plan and included projects like the Boss 302, in a format that also included performance not simply fuel mileage, and economy. I'm sure most on this site have not had the pleasure of traveling abroad, to Europe, Asia or the Middle East. Those markets require a different game plan then those in the USA. I personally have only been to the European countries, Germany, France, Spain and Austria. There the landscape is much different from what we know, they have a great commuter system of Buses, Trains, Both Underground subway, surface and high speed versions, taxies and even street cars and boats in some areas. The surface is much more densely populated then here, with many small towns and shops that are speckled around through-out the area in-between the major urban and industrial areas. Most do not need a car to commute to work, for it is much easier, cheaper and less frustrating to simply use the system then go it alone and drive to work. They have much higher taxes on the fuels they use, and cars are under constant inspection to assure they are in fact road worthy. Add up all the cost and it is very, very expensive to own a car in those European countries. Most don't own a car, and those that do, generally only drive them on the weekend for pleasure. In the USA, we have to have a car in 90% of the areas we have. The USA is a large wide country that does not have a system in place of mass transit, only our highway system of roads could be called a mass transit system, and that's not really what we're talking about here. One train can carry thousands of people to work, move local goods and do it very efficiently. between them and the buses and subway systems, it is a very relaxed and nice way to go to work, compared to our driving in traffic and wasting untold amounts of fuel doing it.
The Car in these countries are considered luxury items, niceties. They pay a heavy tax to own, upkeep and use these cars and trucks. Here you would cry unfair and burdensome taxation, and it would be too restrictive for the average American to have to pay what the German or English person does just to own and operate a car. These ideals have to be taken into consideration when you have a company that wants to sell on a Global platform, like Ford. What we do here, really is very different then what the rest of the world does, in a way, it is us that are way behind the times. We make terrible stewards of good and honest conservation. SO...If Ford has to have a platform that sells not just in the good and wasteful USA, but in many other countries...They have to have one that will fit into those countries way of life. You look at the Audi, Mercedes Benz, porches and other well know cars that all come with V-8's, V-6's and other performance engines. Yes they sell over here, but in their own country, very few buy those cars with those engines, it is not practice but for the most wealthy. There the 4-cylinder engine or now the 3 and 2 cylinder engines are more the norm. The fuel is taxed very highly, currently about $8.50 to $9.30 a gallon in the EU. Who over here could afford that cost? Not many? And if we had that much tax placed on our fuel, we would be in a very bad place, not only would the whole performance car thing go out the window, but all motorsports as we know them. Who could afford to drive to work?, With our average MPG ratings, I'm sure most would lose money working if they had to pay the gasoline bill to get there. No go-carts, snowmobiles, motor cross, sand dunes, Nascar, drag racing, autocross and road racing...Nothing.
SO, in that light...having the newest model of the Ford family of automobiles, a family that shares a global platform with all cars made around the world. Would it not make sense to have that car or truck, come with an engine that fit into all landscapes it occupies? Would it also be sensible to have that engine the standard engine for the vehicle, the vehicle that will sell the most. Yes, it does, so I expect the Ford Mustang that will share a global platform in the next new design, to come with a standard engine of the 4-cylinder type. With certain engine combinations offered as a up-graded expense. Yes, the 2015 Ford Mustang should come standard with a 2.0L engine, then a 2.0L turbo, a V-6 and then V-6 turbo. The V-8 might be a USA thing only? I do not think it would be a big seller anywhere else. The mind set is much different in the EU, they do not have long areas between stop lights, the streets are narrow and twisty, you have cobble stone in many areas, and many buses and street cars to worry about. They do have super smooth and long highways, and that is where they make up the speed. The V-8 is not needed, over there they use higher gear ratios and smaller engines, to accommodate the long, smooth mostly strait high ways or autobahns. A V-6 or 4-cyl is plenty, you do not need the torque, just upper end power. Most find out when they go over there, that their v-8 just won't keep up with the other smaller engine cars, they overheat a lot, mainly because of gearing issues.
So I expect the new 2015 mustang to come standard with a 4-cylinder engine and a manual transmission. The manual transmission is very popular in Europe, where here 85% of all car are automatics. I think that also says a lot about the differences between the EU and Americans.

GA
At least there are 49 years of other used Mustangs to choose from if you don't like the 2015 and beyond. ;) That will ensure a healthy aftermarket for years to come.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel