The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2015 Mustang GT Photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just posted a photo of the new 2015 Mustang GT over on S550. Check it out.

http://s550mustang.com/index.php?topic=26.new#new

Me too! I need something to replace my sixxer with since it is getting about 14 MPG while the Boss is getting 11.9 sooooo I need something a bit more fuel efficient and a turbo 4 Mustang would be kinda nice ;D

I just found this in case y'all are interested.

I have heard some really good things about the plug-ins to be honest, but my thinking is maybe go lease a fiesta ST for $88 a month lol.

Sort of looks like a thinner Camaro. I think it looks like a cool sports car and would probably buy one, but I don't think it looks like a Mustang or a "Muscle Car". That's just my opinion. I'm curious to see the "five-oh" with 500hp though. Or the "Voodoo" motor.. Should be fun to see what kind of performance this new sports car turns out to be. But for me, I prefer the Muscle Car look and nostalgia. Europe will probably take a liking to it though which will hopefully turn some profits for Ford.

Chris

i'm not feeling that rear-end too much, feels too rounded off. somewhat resembles a lotus elise. But these are still renderings that were probably done after C&D journalists went to mustangs unveil by ford. At least, with this design, we may get better visibility and less blind spots.

F.D. Sako said:
i'm not feeling that rear-end too much, feels too rounded off. somewhat resembles a lotus elise. But these are still renderings that were probably done after C&D journalists went to mustangs unveil by ford. At least, with this design, we may get better visibility and less blind spots.

Rear quarter panels are flared out like the Camaro's and that Sat Radio antenna sits in the same spot (not too many placement options though) as the Camaro's. But lot's more glass now and less supports. The whole front end looks like 2 plastic flimsy grills, must be some weight savings.

NFSBOSS said:
Ask FatBoss about the gas mileage in his new Fusion plug-in, it's amazing.

I tend to get my C&D mag AFTER it shows up on the news stands but if it's isn't out before I get mine I'll scan and post it.

Woot!!! I finally put 10 gallons of gas in that I burned over the course of the first 1000 miles! 8)

100MPG_zps457ddb5a.jpg

Sean said:
Has your electric bill gone up any?

It will. I've had the car less than a month so I haven't seen the bill yet. However I did hook up a kilowatt meter that showed that I used 8 KWH's to fully charge the car and "pre-condition" it (heat the interior to 65*) each night, plus another 7 or so at work at the charger. I'm guessing I'll use somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 the $$$'s each month in energy.

The main reason I bought the car is for the CA carpool lane stickers though. Passing 10,000 cars in the morning and 20,000 in the evening is worth the price of admission which was just under $40k. I'll get a $1500 rebate from the state and about $4k back on my federal return to help offset the cost as well.

NFSBOSS said:
Getting back on topic I think the C&D renderings are going to be very close. I'm a little concerned the front looks too much like a Fusion though. ;D

Yeah, who would drive such a monstrosity? Someone needs to photoshop some Mach1's and Shelby's, and Bosses out of that thing!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors