The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2016 GT350 at MSRP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My local dealer just received a new 2016 GT350 with the Technology package and is selling it at MSRP and I am considering trading in my 2012 Boss 302 or selling outright to make the deal. I know there are cooling issues with the 2016 that were somewhat remedied on the 2017 with making the Track Package standard etc. Just wanted some thoughts and opinions/pros and cons on the deal. Thanks for any and all inputs

mattlqx

Mustangless
BadPony said:
My local dealer just received a new 2016 GT350 with the Technology package and is selling it at MSRP and I am considering trading in my 2012 Boss 302 or selling outright to make the deal. I know there are cooling issues with the 2016 that were somewhat remedied on the 2017 with making the Track Package standard etc. Just wanted some thoughts and opinions/pros and cons on the deal. Thanks for any and all inputs

How does that work? The last '16 shipped a long time ago. Like in July or August of last year. Is it really new and un-titled or a low-mileage used '16? In either case, the market is discounting '16 Techs pretty heavily at this point. New or not, that should be well under MSRP, like around $52-54k if new, less if used. I would absolutely not buy a '16 Tech unless it's fire-sale priced, say in the mid-40s.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Likely traded it with another Dealer and if you track the car then you need to ask yourself the question you already brought up ?? There is a reason the track package is standard on 2017 , and the 2016 should be fine for the majority of owners, but this is TMO and we are the group of sickos that believe the GT 350 needs to get some thoroughbred practice , often.

It is brand new and never titled, not sure how they came to get it but will get more details tomorrow when I go in to look at it as my saleman called to let me know they had just unloaded it off the truck.

mattlqx said:
In either case, the market is discounting '16 Techs pretty heavily at this point. New or not, that should be well under MSRP, like around $52-54k if new, less if used. I would absolutely not buy a '16 Tech unless it's fire-sale priced, say in the mid-40s.
This. Ask the members installing a new trans on their 2016 tech pack to get the trans cooler. @50Deep

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If it was traded from another Dealer it would not have been legitimately titled , so just ask , as it does not make sense it is a new 2016 just coming to the Dealership.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
It all comes down to what you have planned for the car.

If you aren't planning to hard core track the car then the tech package at MSRP or less is a good deal. The lack of coolers will not come into play or affect your experience with the car except for the moments you are on track. Everywhere else it will be the same as any other and the utility of the heated/cooled seats and navigation is enjoyable every day.

If you are mechanically inclined and can add the transmission/coolers on your own then it will cost you about $3300, a weekend, and some busted knuckles. Chances are you will come in at less than what a 17 costs, and once you add the diff cooler it will probably be equal money wise.

For the track enthusiast or those not looking to do all that work up front just hold out for a 17.

BadPony said:

I bought the 2016 GT350 White with Blue strips Tech Pack last year for only $3k over when the 17's were just out, barely. I had a 2014 GT Premium Track Pack with power pack and fully adjustable suspension from FR, and never tracked. Never planned to track it. I can't seem to wear a helmet, not even bicycle. Can't stand it. So, for me the Tech Pack was just fine and is a little more "premium" with cooled seats, garage opener, etc. More like my 2012 M3. So, if you are not serious about tracking, it will be just fine.

I would be looking for a pretty significant discount on a 2016 tech at this point since you can get 2017s for MSRP in more place than one.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel