The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Additions to Jay Leno's Collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, thanks for posting. My favorite Leno comment:

“I’m a little annoyed that it’s faster than my FGT”

5 DOT 0 said:
Nice, thanks for posting. My favorite Leno comment:

“I’m a little annoyed that it’s faster than my FGT”

I assume he means in acceleration? Top speed for the FGT should be higher by about 10mph IIRC.

5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Watch it again and see him grin when Jay talks about the shifter, we have worked on the shifter for the 2013
That was on the GT500 which has a different shifter from our cars.
I'm driving the GT500 this week since the Boss is on the trailer. I have to admit it does shift smoother than the Boss.

cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Watch it again and see him grin when Jay talks about the shifter, we have worked on the shifter for the 2013
I'm driving the GT500 this week since the Boss is on the trailer. I have to admit it does shift smoother than the Boss.
So the next upgrade is a Tremec??? :D

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Must stop!!!! :D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Must stop!!!! :D

Odds of that happening: 0.0% ;D

And what would we do if you did? You know you're already the brunt of all 'wifey excuse conversations' ! But honey, that crazy %$#@#^ in North Dakota spent WAY more on mods tha I did ! Honey ?... ;D LOL

PS: Gary, I forgot to tell you. My wife just saw the CC bill with replacement Pirelli Corsa, Enkei's and the Nitto's. I will be installing A/C in the tool shed this weekend...

All I will say is I love the color of that GT500!! My hope; the GT500 performs as hoped but sales aren't that good thus nullifying the ADMs and maybe even get a discount like you can currently get on 2012s. if that scenario happens, my Boss will go up for sale.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:

Even with the MGW & Redline fluid ?

May not be the right place to ask, but has anyone tried installing the GT500 clutch pedal? Having seen the video on the Boss spring, I believe the binding was what caused my issues at the track in conjunction with air in the line.

PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
KYBOSSLS said:

Even with the MGW & Redline fluid ?
I don't have Redline fluid. My Boss isn't "hard" to shift, it's just the Tremec seems to move between gears with less effort. Now the clutch is a whole other story. I literally put the GT500 in neutral at every stoplight to keep my left calf from being twice the size of my right one. Man that clutch is heavy. I guess the best way to describe the difference is the Tremec just feels like it's heavier duty and of a little higher quality.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel