The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New book: How to Build and Modify 2011-2014 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Nashville, TN
Just finished my first book: How to Build and Modify 2011-2014 Mustangs. A friend mentioned that I should post it here, so here goes! All kidding aside, there's a wide range of information in this book, covering basics to advanced theory...especially with regard to brakes and suspension. You can get it on Amazon, or order an autographed copy from my website. Here's a few photos of the content as an example. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

_WD59276.jpeg

_WD59279.jpeg

_WD59283.jpeg

_WD59292.jpeg

_WD59296.jpeg

_WD59297.jpeg

_WD59302.jpeg

_WD59305.jpeg

Just finished my first book: How to Build and Modify 2011-2014 Mustangs. A friend mentioned that I should post it here, so here goes! All kidding aside, there's a wide range of information in this book, covering basics to advanced theory...especially with regard to brakes and suspension. You can get it on Amazon, or order an autographed copy from my website. Here's a few photos of the content as an example. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

View attachment 72405

View attachment 72406

View attachment 72407

View attachment 72408

View attachment 72409

View attachment 72410

View attachment 72411

View attachment 72412
Thanks Wes I received my copy, well done I am enjoying the read and detailed how-to’s

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This looks like a great read for anyone that is getting started or even "intermediate" skill in S197s, and Wes takes amazing photographs to supplement everything.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Nashville, TN
Just looking through these photos, this looks really cool. Great photographic evidence and good read-ups. I'm pretty in tune with modifying these cars but I ordered one anyway, I'll probably learn a whole bunch! Can't wait.
GREAT! Did you get it on Amazon? I didn't see an order come through via my website, so I want to make sure...!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Nashville, TN
Yes I did! Too hard to pass up the 1-day Prime shipping. The funds from the sale still go to you, right?
Kinda. In general, the more books that are sold, the better, but I make a few bucks off of autographed copies on my website. If the first production run of books is sold, then I make a little of the *next* production run. But that's a lot of books! :) It's all good, though.

Got my copy a few hours ago. Gotta say, I didn't know that Cyclone had so much exhaust valve lift. Even Chevy folks will be jealous. Will this end up being one of those highly sought after rare misprint editions like double-die coins? :p

1651095768222.png

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Nashville, TN
Got my copy a few hours ago. Gotta say, I didn't know that Cyclone had so much exhaust valve lift. Even Chevy folks will be jealous. Will this end up being one of those highly sought after rare misprint editions like double-die coins? :p

View attachment 75291
Hell yeah! Isn't four inches what they mean by 400 lift? LOL! I'll fix that for the next edition.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Nashville, TN
By the way, its supppsed to be 9.7mm, not 97mm.

TMO Supporting Vendors