The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Boss 302 S/R build acquisition from Iconic Stangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It is interesting how the power dips like that. Congrats on getting it all done, that is quite the beauty you have there.

What is Cota?

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I think Drew is right. It really doesn't like the restricted tune. The dip is present on the restricted tune. Between the two it runs like we put a pillow over it's face on the restricted tune and took it away so it can breath on the unrestrestricted.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
REAL 1 said:
I think Drew is right. It really doesn't like the restricted tune. The dip is present on the restricted tune. Between the two it runs like we put a pillow over it's face on the restricted tune and took it away so it can breath on the unrestrestricted.

I have seen a 302S car with a restrictor plate in the airbox (flat sheet same shape as panel filter but with large holes drilled out) that may work better; but I don't have any data to back it up. Looked easy to install and remove, though. I'm guessing that would allow you to run your main tune all the time but just choke the motor off before the air gets metered at the MAF--so I think this would prevent any weird dip in the curves. This might be at the expense of some of that low-end torque, however.

Are you running it in NASA already?

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Drew: You probably right.

Not running in NASA yet. Baby steps first. Hooked On Driving Advanced group. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel