The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

new boss buyers best advice before you leave the dealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askjeffro said:
I miss the days when cars had real paint. Seems like everything chips super easy now, almost comical.

Environmental regs and cost cutting are probably the reason. I know my friend at who runs a repair shop said the paint they use is not as good as the paint on some foreign cars because they use "green" paint.

Sesshomurai said:
*speaking to no one in particular*

bras are gay. Chips are facts of life. Just get a touch up paint marker from the service dept. and if the chips really bother you down the road, repaint the front.

Have you ever seen a bra on a ferrari, lamborghini, etc? no. cuz they look dumb. its a big advertisement of lameness and fear of the elements.

race on. no fear.

jeepinocala said:
Get a clear bra put on the front of your car IS going to chip and other spots but the front gets chips very fast.
AGREED. Here we have a $45,000 plus vehicle described as the Ford Engineer's Car, meant for serious driving, a highly engineered engine, great styling, limited production - and some of us are afraid to drive it without, what do you call it, a "BRA"? Must be the same dudes who, in the winter months, go out to the garage with a cup of coffee in the morning, and just stare at the car for an hour.

DRIVE IT ! boys and girls, before it's too late.

Bossfan said:
Sesshomurai said:

bras are gay. Chips are facts of life. Just get a touch up paint marker from the service dept. and if the chips really bother you down the road, repaint the front.

Have you ever seen a bra on a ferrari, lamborghini, etc? no. cuz they look dumb. its a big advertisement of lameness and fear of the elements.

race on. no fear.

jeepinocala said:
Get a clear bra put on the front of your car IS going to chip and other spots but the front gets chips very fast.
AGREED. Here we have a $45,000 plus vehicle described as the Ford Engineer's Car, meant for serious driving, a highly engineered engine, great styling, limited production - and some of us are afraid to drive it without, what do you call it, a "BRA"? Must be the same dudes who, in the winter months, go out to the garage with a cup of coffee in the morning, and just stare at the car for an hour.

I am pretty sure everyone on here drives their car that is not the discussion it is keeping it in good condition pretty simple.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
That's a key part of the discussion. Personally I don't think it's a good idea to clear bra over the OEM stripes. You will have issues down the road on the seam where the bra over laps the stripe layer. 100% my own opinion, not based in fact from having seen it, or done it already. I did have it on the front end of my G37S which was solid black, and it seems like a quality product.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
im just going to deal with it. put a 0 deductible on the car. every couple of years some one will key the car all over the front and bust the windshield. should be good to go lol

jeepinocala said:
Bossfan said:
Sesshomurai said:

race on. no fear.

jeepinocala said:

I am pretty sure everyone on here drives their car that is not the discussion it is keeping it in good condition pretty simple.

I was supporting SESSHOMURAI's Statement of "race on. no fear" or 'Press On Regardless' a term used for ralleys. Of course we ALL drive, it's the level, or type, in which we do.

Sesshomurai said:

race on. no fear.

jeepinocala said:

I have no idea whether gay people use Clear Bra more than straight folks really but: Considering the fact that it costs $2k or more to cover the entire car and the fact that it won't last for more than 3 or so years AND the fact that you may not be able to remove it without damaging the decals I think it's a bit silly to even consider this. For $2k you can probably have a fair amount of chips fixed professionally at a body shop as well.

I think I'm gonna drive 'topless'.

I do not plan to cover the entire car at all just the front bumper face the sides in front of the front tires and maybe a strip on the very front of the hood 12" up thats pretty simple sorry if I offended someone with the gay comment but it just annoys me when someone gets on a forum and says something stupid like that I mean look I have raced all my life this is a car I drive evey day, hitting the track well where I come from unless you plan to strip this thing down and rebuild it to a real race car then it is a hobby race car pretty simple but to me it is an everyday driver and looking good is important. But I did call my ford dealer they gave me a number to a shop dedicated to their customers they told me bring it in anytime there will be no wait at all for all new ford owners so I will be there tomorrow to get rid of those chips.

TMO Supporting Vendors