The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Boss owner...my impressions, and questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Man, that may be normal but that's not right. The lines on the car should be pretty damn straight for something so new. A uniform gap is one thing but wider on one side than the other is unacceptable in my book.

Oh I agree! And I went to another dealership today to get my control arms replaced, and they had another Boss there, and it had a larger gap on one side than another also! It wasn't as big as mine, but it was there. And they had a 2012 Base Mustang that had a much worse gap than I did. Now every time I see Mustangs for sale, I notice it, and apparently it happens alot. But, heres what it looks like after I adjusted it. Much better.

565020_10201742054010494_999258649_n.jpg

Honestly it is disappointing that Ford does not make sure the hoods are completely aligned before they go out to the lots, but...nothing I can do about it. I still love the car, and it looks fine now.

arabbit said:
Honestly it is disappointing that Ford does not make sure the hoods are completely aligned before they go out to the lots, but...nothing I can do about it. I still love the car, and it looks fine now.

My car has 1900 miles--how about seats that don't pill, window control trim that doesn't rub off when my leg hits it, floor mats/trunk carpet that fit . . .

But, man does it go!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
arabbit said:
Oh I agree! And I went to another dealership today to get my control arms replaced, and they had another Boss there, and it had a larger gap on one side than another also! It wasn't as big as mine, but it was there. And they had a 2012 Base Mustang that had a much worse gap than I did. Now every time I see Mustangs for sale, I notice it, and apparently it happens alot. But, heres what it looks like after I adjusted it. Much better.

565020_10201742054010494_999258649_n.jpg

That doesn't look too bad at all.

Yeah it's just about perfect now. It took me way more time and effort than it should have, but I am very OCD about my Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors