The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Boss owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bought # 1080 from Fairfield Ford in Pa on March 7th. Brand new Race Red, Recaros / Torsen, track key. Traded in 2003 DSG Cobra vert. Installed Magnaflow axleback last weekend.
by3ugabu.jpg
umyvysa9.jpg
vyvegudu.jpg
ygepurav.jpg
Absolutely love this car. I thought I would miss my Cobra...nah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations and welcome to BMO.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Awesome car huh?

So what is the record here for fastest mod made? I mean, did anyone have the dealer change something before they took delivery because it seems that you may have the award so far!!!

Enjoy that new car. I certainly am!!!

John

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
So what is the record here for fastest mod made? I mean, did anyone have the dealer change something before they took delivery because it seems that you may have the award so far!!!

;D
John
[/quote]

I ordered a shifter for my daughters 2013 mustang before we took delivery. Does that count?? ;D

I actually went to look at a Shelby. Used 2011 car was trashed at least by my standards. Drove 2 hours to another dealer to look at a used 12 Boss and saw this new 13. The dealer installed the track key and removed the plates before I signed the papers. YES, I love it. I thought I was going to be giving a little because my Cobra was no slouch, I threw every suspension mod you could at it. Doesn't even come close to the Boss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Congrats and welcome. I think almost everyone says no regrets. I was reading a thread on another forum about old Boss versus new Boss. There was one post by a guy in his 60's who was old enough to actually purchase a new boss in 1970 and new one in 2013. He said the talk back then was the same as today. Why should I buy a Boss when I can get a regular Mustang with more options versus paying a premium for a car that has less options and only a special engine and suspension. Everyone that made the decision back then enjoyed 40 years of belonging to a special club and enjoyed a special car, just like the guys that bought the original Shelby GT350's in 1965. Enjoy! If you haven't watched this video on Youtube, I think it is a must as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXYK4rR7Sw

Brian

Vermont
You will love the car. Great color choice! Got mine out from winter storage a few days ago and it felt like I was driving a brand new car again. Good luck with it.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: New Boss owner

7013Boss said:
You will love the car. Great color choice! Got mine out from winter storage a few days ago and it felt like I was driving a brand new car again. Good luck with it.
LoL, you are, its a 2013......
I understand what your saying.

TMO Supporting Vendors