The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Camaro ZL1 1LE article.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That guy is on the edge the whole way. And wow that is fast.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Been trying to convince the management at Ford to take a 350R and the GT over to the Ring for some proper hotlaps, but even with those videos as backup to make my point, I can't seem to be raising much interest :(

But that ZL1 laptime is pretty insane, bt that gives a goal to catch when I'll bring mine over there :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
I'm not going to lie. At COTA last year i spent a lot of time talking to the GM Engineers about how they develop their sports cars it's a truly amazing process that those cars are built along with the production versions so that the technology is transferred to us. I love ford and have owned numerous Mustangs and trucks but when combined with these crooked dealers with ridiculous ADM's and prices and seeing these GM dealers selling at MSRP it's a no brainer that most people are switching over to GM again. This car further proves it along with the new GT4 Camaro. Just my 2 cents.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
I'm sure not every GM dealer sells at MSRP or adds a little ADM. Case in point i was in the market for 350 and our club who is sponsored by a ford dealer still wanted to charge me $30k ADM on it. I kept my current car and will look elsewhere after we move i may look for a used R or go the GM route.

TMO Supporting Vendors