The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New car in town and got left in the dust.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you are looking for gears, get the TSS ones. It's rumored these are what go into the Cobra Jet oil pumps (and aluminator short blocks): http://www.jpcracing.com/tss-5-0-billet-oil-pump-gears/

Just for grins..there might be a Boss 302 sitting at Phoenix Performance that needs a home, call Joe at (610) 482-0141, tell him Rob sent you

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Here is a unfortunate video of our last event. Luckily no one was hurt!! Watch after my red Boss goes buy. The car was a 350Z with twin turbos and 450 rwhp. Old R888's could not take the power and a heavy foot. The crowd had a scare though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeh8WEhmls/

(If you speak Spanish, excuse the language!! its not my video)

I ended up third, but with the points I clinched my class this year. During the season two of my competitors exploded their engines, one crashed (see the video) and the last quietly faded away. Just one race too go. Got beaten this time buy a Lotus Elise S 260 Cup 1:10.6 and nicely modified BRZ 1:11.4. The BRZ had a great young pilot, boy that little car can handle well! At least I lowered my best time at this track from 1:12.6 to 1:11.9. At the big tracks the BRZ is 3 seconds behind, Hope he does not get a supercharger soon!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Grant 302 said:
Glad no one was hurt and that you weren't involved!

...but I love the commentary that followed! ;D

Thanks Grant, as the 350Z driver said. Now is a great time for upgrades!!! You can tell the guy who filmed the video had a limited vocabulary due to the shock of it all!!! ;D ::)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting your video , always cool to see tracks in different parts of the World. You definitely look like you have the lines down solid and you are pushing the Boss right to it's limit. Too bad on the way the cars are classed , as frankly you are outdriving your competition !!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Bill Pemberton said:
Thanks for posting your video , always cool to see tracks in different parts of the World. You definitely look like you have the lines down solid and you are pushing the Boss right to it's limit. Too bad on the way the cars are classed , as frankly you are outdriving your competition !!
Thanks! If it had not been for lifting off for the redflag at the end! I might have caught the Brz. Oh well, thats racing.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors