The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Carbon Fiber Canards Released!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is no 10-12 Lower Design in the works as there is no room for it.
These do work well with wheel spats, As AJ has the on his car.

14556647_10154627377766474_1510183250627230768_o.jpg

302 Hi Pro said:
Nice spats, did you make those?

These are on my list now.
2HP

Yes I did. The one in that picture are 1/4" ABS. My newest one are bigger and I'm using 3/16", it's easier to bend to match the bumper.
The trick is to put the ABS in a oven to soften it and then bend it to kind of match the shape you want.
I used plastic fastener to attached them into the bumper.

302 Hi Pro said:
http://www.ajhartmanracing.com/10-12-mustang-canards/

These do look well made, (I love good Areo mods), anyone have experience with AJ Hartmen Racing and their products?

I have suspension work still to do this year, and I'll work on the Areo more next year.

2HP

I have an AJ Hartman rear wing. He makes quality products. Buy with confidence.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Swiss Boss said:
Does anyone know how good they work with wheel spats?

I wouldn't install them so they touch. Some of the effects will cancel if touching or too close to splitter elements too. The splitter and spats create higher pressures and the underside of the canard lower pressures. I'd install at a higher angle-of-attack or combine with a winglet/fence on the splitter.

Some pics or video of wool tuft or oil drop testing prior to install on your car could also help.

Hrm...I think I need a video selfie stick for the car. ;D

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
Plano, TX
302 Hi Pro said:
These do look well made, (I love good Areo mods), anyone have experience with AJ Hartmen Racing and their products?

We have used AJ Hartman Aero products for years. The highest quality carbon I've ever worked with.

B61G9239-M.jpg

We have used his wings on many cars, and recently installed some of his sunroof delete panels on some BMWs.

DSC_2561-S.jpgDSC_2562-S.jpg

Later today we will be installing some of the canards on an ST2 2013 Mustang GT.

DSC_4875-M.jpg

I will post up some installation pics soon...

DSC_4873-M.jpg

Thanks,

AJ does very good work and is doing work on my car (BMW) now. His Mustang is very well done and knows his name is attached to his work so he puts in effort to do it right.
He actually put Ecoboost into his Mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel