The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW DETAILS ADDED - Norcal Shelby Club Mini Nats 30 / Team Shelby Nationals August 7,8,9 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director
Please join us for an epic three day event at historic Sears Point(nee Sonoma) Raceway.

The Team Shelby Nationals will be held in conjunction with the Norcal Shelby Club's 30th annual Mini Nats.

This event will pay tribute top the 50th anniversaries of the 1965 Shelby GT350, the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 and the 50th Anniversary of the Shelby FIA World Sports Car Championship.

Things are really shaping up to make this an epic event. Here are some highlights of what we will have in store -

* Open track Friday, Saturday and Sunday

* Drag racing and BBQ at the track Friday afternoon

* Car show in the paddock Friday morning

* Sonoma + Napa Valley cruise/tour Saturday afternoon

* Displays from Shelby American, Ford Motor Company, Denbeste Motorsports, The Cobra Experience,

* Vintage Exhibition race Sunday

* The "Original Venice Crew" and the 50th Anniversary GT350s they created - Ted Sutton, Allen Grant, Peter Brock, Jim Marietta, Jerry Schwartz, Bernie Kretchmar, Chuck Cantwell will be on hand throughout the weekend, including a very special presentation at Saturday's banquet.

* Shelby American will be in attendance with the Shelby GT and two new cars - one to be revealed in Tulsa at Mid America and the other to be revealed at this event.

* Denbeste Motorsports will have a their superb display of Cobras and race cars

* Ford Motor Company is sending their latest Shelby product for display

* Aaron Shelby, Carroll's grandson and friend of the club, will be with us all weekend

PHEW....seeing it all listed together is amazing.

Plus, through all this, you get to hang with your new friends

To Register - http://www.norcal-saac.org/mininats/

Registration is ala carte. Please PM or email me if you need additional info, [email protected]

The host hotel, Embassy Suites San Rafael, info is embedded in the reg link and it is filling up rapidly

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Sonoma!

mmcguirk

Re: Norcal Shelby Club Mini Nats 30 / Team Shelby Nationals August 7,8,9 2015

Hi,

Yes, Andy P. and I bought the GHIG Boss 302S clone from Dean Martin at Rehagen. Our 350s were getting too much race track rash and we decided to partner on a dedicated track car.

The green monster is an interesting build, it's based of a 1900 mile 2013 Boss street car with a body in white and a lot of challenge car parts. It's on it's way to us now, can't wait till it arrives.

Mini Nats should be really great this year. We are running the Nascar config on Friday, switching over to drag racing mid-afternoon for some fun and then the traditional road course Sat/Sun.

We don't limit track participation to Ford or Shelby, we invite Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. It is a lot of fun to pass those guys!

Hope to see a lot of Bosses there.

Michael

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach

mmcguirk said:
Mini Nats should be really great this year. We are running the Nascar config on Friday, switching over to drag racing mid-afternoon for some fun and then the traditional road course Sat/Sun.

We don't limit track participation to Ford or Shelby, we invite Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. It is a lot of fun to pass those guys!

Hope to see a lot of Bosses there.

Michael

Oh I'm *so* there.

mmcguirk

Thanks Doug!

i will take you up on a little coaching in the new car

mmcguirk

event details here -

http://www.norcal-saac.org/index.htm

Wingrider

mmcguirk said:
Thanks Doug!

i will take you up on a little coaching in the new car

Absolutely. Happy to- or anyone else that asks. From Lead/Follow to in-car to ride along.

I'm scheduled to be up there late July for the weekend doing private coaching both days and aways look forward to helping out at MiniNats.

mmcguirk said:
Anybody besides Doug coming to this event

With any luck I'll be riding shotgun in Marty's 700 RWHP beast!

For those of you west of the Atlantic, this is a MUST GO TO event.

NFSBOSS said:
I'll be there on Sunday tracking my car and probably hanging out on Saturday. And I'll be in Monterey for the Historic races the following weekend as well.
Don't forget me. I'm going to change to Sat instead of Sunday.

mmcguirk

NFSBOSS said:
Don't forget me. I'm going to change to Sat instead of Sunday.

Great. looking forward to spending some time hanging out with you.

mmcguirk

I just received a phone call confirming that we will have the entire Venice Crew in attendance.

These are the guys - Chuck Cantwell, Peter Brock, Jerry Schwarz, Ted Sutton, Jim Marietta, Bernie Kretchmar, Dwayne Carling, Allen Grant - were all employed at Shelby and instrumental in the construction of the original GT350R back in 1965.

This is a very unique opportunity to meet and hang out with the guy who greatly influenced the hobby we live today

Wingrider

I know it sounds counter to what you'd think, but so far of all groups YELLOW (novice) had the least amount of cars. I'd almost consider running Yellow depending on how they are managing the passing zones. So few cars it's almost to yourself-

Yellow group Friday- 4 cars
Yellow group Saturday - 9 cars
Yellow group Sunday- 6 cars.

We have been going for over 20 years now - fun event. Even though it's the 50th for the GT350 we may bring the Boss, you know, a/c and all. haha

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel