The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW DETAILS ADDED - Norcal Shelby Club Mini Nats 30 / Team Shelby Nationals August 7,8,9 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingrider said:
Sounds good. Ooooh those bolts. Ok I'll take a look for them and hopefully they're in my travel containers. How many are you looking for?
I need at least two don't I? If you can't find them, I can order 'em.

EDIT:Guess I should have said two per seat...so I'll need four.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Fiddler49 said:
I need at least two don't I? If you can't find them, I can order 'em. EDIT:Guess I should have said two per seat...so I'll need four.

I'll get a good look in this evening. I set them with my other GT500 spares so they exist. I'll keep you posted. Are you bringing the rest of the parts to install these for the event?

Wingrider said:
I'll get a good look in this evening. I set them with my other GT500 spares so they exist. I'll keep you posted. Are you bringing the rest of the parts to install these for the event?
Can't afford the belts yet, so not this time.

Wingrider

Fiddler49 said:
I need at least two don't I? If you can't find them, I can order 'em. EDIT:Guess I should have said two per seat...so I'll need four.

They were indeed in my GT500 spares bin. I have 8 of them so 4 isn't a problem. Kinda figured they would play out this way for someone in need. I put all 8 in my track "go bag" tonight with my tools so they will make it to the track.

Wingrider said:
They were indeed in my GT500 spares bin. I have 8 of them so 4 isn't a problem. Kinda figured they would play out this way for someone in need. I put all 8 in my track "go bag" tonight with my tools so they will make it to the track.
Thanks!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I know not related but in the same area, I'll be up at Canepa Motorsports for their cars and coffee car week kick off on Saturday.

Wingrider

Surfergeek said:
Got the car all set tonight. Looking forward to tracking Saturday.

Nut and bolt and bled the brakes, and ready for another day.

Wingrider, I'll probably take you up on your offer in the Red group if your time isn't in too much demand.

Today's the day! Swing by Garage 22 and see me. Rick's sharing the garage as well.

It was great to see everyone yesterday and a big shout out to @mmcguirk and the rest of the NorCal Shelby team and club for putting on an excellent event. This was the 30th anniversary of the event, and my fourth attending, and this was the biggest crowd I've seen. My track run group had 43+ cars in it and the first session was a bit crazy. The afternoon sessions were much cleaner and I was able to get some open track time in. I look forward to next year's event.

Link to photos added:

http://headonphotos.net/gallery/MISC/NCSC15-2/

Video added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuqQUI3PF4

Once again a great event. This was our 20th time there and it is funny how it has changed over the years. Back in the day it was rare to see a "new" Mustang racing, this time it seemed that they made up most of the run groups. I can't blame them as the new cars are sooo much better on the track.

Wingrider

Ok, so here goes with adding video to the site. First attempt at cutting the video together. I made a mistake with the back view recording duration… arrgh.

Great event and a fun session actually going door to door during the "Exhibition Event"…

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8v8wefp4i14

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GTMikey:

It was so nice to see a 2012 Boss 302 LS gobble up a 2015 S550 IRS Mustang on the track. I guess my ole 2012 Boss isn't ready for the Historics after all!

Nice Drive,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel