The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Enkei PF01 18 x 10.5 47mm offset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
A lot of Boss owners have gone with these wheels, including myself. I ordered through tirerack.com, it was cheaper than the website linked to this thread. I got them in black but I have yet to install them on the car as I am stuck in Afghanistan for the moment. The look good in the pictures my wife sent me though :)

PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:
Will this thing fit up front? Sure now that I have two sets already! :-X

http://store.outperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ENK-460-8105-6547BK

Well then you'd need to go with the Cortex suspension package like LBP did ! I'VE GOT DIBS ON YOUR 302S SETUP ! ;D
I read that's what they were developed forbut not ready to pull the trigger on that complete package :eek:. It will provide a little better fit in the rear for those of us running a staggered setup, although it will narrow the track by 1/4".

As far as the place to buy, I was merely pointing out the availability of the new offset. I have the 38mm offsets for rears and actually bought both sets through Tire Rack.

Jza1736 said:
PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:

http://store.outperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ENK-460-8105-6547BK

Well then you'd need to go with the Cortex suspension package like LBP did ! I'VE GOT DIBS ON YOUR 302S SETUP ! ;D

Sorry Pete, I claimed that on day 1
:)
Geez you guys act like I don't have any will power.

P.S. Hey Lee, what's this Cortex setup they keep talking about?

cloud9 said:
Jza1736 said:
PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:

Sorry Pete, I claimed that on day 1
:)
Geez you guys act like I don't have any will power.

P.S. Hey Lee, what's this Cortex setup they keep talking about?

You don't, when it comes to going faster ;)

You guys need to get with it........ You can fit a 305 tire all the way around all day long. Almost 12 in of tread width...... ;D

adam81 said:
You guys need to get with it........ You can fit a 305 tire all the way around all day long. Almost 12 in of tread width...... ;D
Ahh but a 295 R6 trumps a 305 Nitto or Toyo or even a Conti endurance slick ;)

cloud9 said:
adam81 said:
Ahh but a 295 R6 trumps a 305 Nitto or Toyo or even a Conti endurance slick ;)

Oh young padawan....much to learn you have..... ;D

A 305 Hoosier race slick will trumps the R6..... And actually the 295 Hoosier race slick is better for the Boss. It is only .1in tread width shorter but a whole inch taller. Both the 305 and 295 slick has 1in greater tread width than the 295 R6.....

For the whole community - Numbers on tires don't mean anything individually. You have to look at the whole tire. Ex not all 275, 295, 305, etc tires are the same specs.....

TMO Supporting Vendors