The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Enkei PF01s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Broke down and got a set, finally, and apparently a bunch of other guys are doing the same. Checked with Tire Rack ( 1-888-428-8355 ext 362 - Luke ) as our company and myself have been dealing with Luke Pavlick for years and he said they ( PF01s ) have been very popular of late. He has 3 sets left in Black and 4 sets left in silver. Always call him, as he is an autocrosser and is more into the performance tires than most guys there.

Have a set of Hoosier R6s mounted with them and should have the set this week. I am afraid I have caught the mod bug pretty bad, but since I sold two of my race cars I feel the need for speed,ha. Heh, my wife gets a new pair of shoes and then needs to accessorize, and I figure I am just doing the male equivalent. Don't think I better bring up the cost of my accessorizing , though, as that could be a battle I would lose if balanced against her expenditures. ;D

Yep NT05's mounted on PF01's will probably be my next tire/wheel purchase.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have a nice place to store the Hoosiers at Motorsports Park Hastings, or I would have probably gone with the Nittos too.

Still have to burn up the Corsas, anyway, ha. I have to admit , I do think my wallet is scorched at present.

drano38

Wayne
I look in my wallet and see ashes.
Since October of '10, my car budget (if we can call it a budget) most likely exceeds my entire lifetime car expenditures.
But its worth it.
And yesterday I showed the wife the black PF01s, and she said they look a lot nicer than my silver set. Hmmm, may need to upgrade those.
I haven't hit her spending limit yet--not even a comment. Apparently I married right. ;D

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Drano you married right, but you may find her closet full of a few more shoes in the coming months. After 34 years of marriage, trust me it is a given. And when you notice her slender ankles and how nice those calves look with her new heels, just comment , " Baby those are killer and I bet you got them on sale?!" When she says, " Thanks honey and I got 50% off and then another 10% off with a coupon I had, " just nod and tell what a savvy shopper she is.

This all leads up to the new mantra for automotive mods when she sees more than just those rims arrive at your front door..............repeat after me....

" Baby, you taught me well, I got everything on sale!"

drano38

Wayne
Actually, she doesn't splurge on cloths, or anything. We grew up the simple life on farms, and for the most part, are pretty good with the wallet (ok, I was until I bought a Mustang).
We don't expect much, and enjoy what we have. And I'm really enjoying a new garage with a pair of Stangs in it.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sounds like some good women out there. I have always had toys and my wife actually got me into racing, so no complaints here. I just have always realized it is fair to let her have her fun at times ( and she only buys on sale) , since she has been so generous letting me play.

I try to go with the only Boss in my house is in the garage, as treating her equally has always gotten me nice rewards.

How many track days and what sizes is everyone running for the NT05's on the Enkei's? Originally I was going to run NT555RII based on Cloud9's feedback, but am concerned that they don't last at all. I run NT01's on my other dedicated track car, but thought maybe I could get away with the NT05's and get a little more life out of them. I don't really care so much about the extra grip, but I am an experienced driver so I want something that will not overheat and get greasy.

5 DOT 0 said:
275/40/18 and 295/35/18

Correct, I did try a set of 35's up front but they sat too low for me. If you are looking for good wear and a tire that works for a fun track day the NT05's can't be beat. I ran them to a 2:33 at PBIR and 1:36 at Sebring.

drano38

Wayne
I've only ran NT-05 one day, so don't know how they last (Scott has more data points) and it was 45-65 degrees. But the initial one-day looks promising. And they're a lot more grippy than stock tires.
Another Max Performance Summer choice is Hankook R-S3. JSheier runs them and likes them better than NT-05 since he feels NT05 get greasy easier.

Wives, tires . . . oops, a little off topic.

I do not have great data on the longevity of the tires. I have used different sets at the same time and have only heat cycled a set of rears after many days. Also had a set of fronts that were retired because of a razor cut. I would guess someone running hard can get 5-6 track days minimum but I would not be surprised to see 8 or more days for the intermediate driver.

They will heat cycle out before cording like happened to me, however when I heat cycled the rears they were well worn down.

just stopping in to say hello !!!

I would say a little more than just AutoX Bill but, I truly appreciate the endorsement....

here's a pic of me at Miller Motorsports in Utah
MillerMotorsports071.jpg

MillerMotorsports072.jpg

at The 'Ring in Germany
Europe128.jpg

at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama
PDE041.jpg

PDE026.jpg

PDE010.jpg

at Bondurant in Arizona
3-8-2010135.jpg

3-8-2010116.jpg

at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Mid-Ohio014.jpg

Mid-Ohio009.jpg

at Skip Barber
skip1.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang Luke, I heard you had gotten fat, but I guess that was just me, ha.

I thought I was doing well having gone to 10 driving/racing schools, but you may have me beat. Far as I am concerned Miller is absolutely the best by far, and my favorite instructor in the whole World works there quite often -- Cindi Lux.

Great runoff at Miller , so one can test the limits and an absolute riot when you can run the entire course of 23 turns and well over 4 miles. Tied with Road Atlanta as my favorite track.

I did not want to get too flowery with my endorsement, but just like everything else, it is easier to work with one of your own fellow trackrats.

Appreciate all the pics and bet your wife thinks you are quite slim and dapper in that racing suit-- Luke Speed Racer in the flesh!!!

Bill Pemberton said:
Dang Luke, I heard you had gotten fat, but I guess that was just me, ha.

I thought I was doing well having gone to 10 driving/racing schools, but you may have me beat. Far as I am concerned Miller is absolutely the best by far, and my favorite instructor in the whole World works there quite often -- Cindi Lux.

Great runoff at Miller , so one can test the limits and an absolute riot when you can run the entire course of 23 turns and well over 4 miles. Tied with Road Atlanta as my favorite track.

I did not want to get too flowery with my endorsement, but just like everything else, it is easier to work with one of your own fellow trackrats.

Appreciate all the pics and bet your wife thinks you are quite slim and dapper in that racing suit-- Luke Speed Racer in the flesh!!!

no I haven't gotten fat as a matter of fact I am training for a triathlon right now

Cyndi is a fantastic instructor and racer unfortunately we did not get to run the full course but, we did have time on both sides

TMO Supporting Vendors