The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took a very long time to decide on what I wanted from an upgraded response and thanks to this forum and many other, people were kind enough to upload videos so I could compare sounds and look. I finally decided to part together my exhaust earlier this year and chose the following,

American Racing Headers 1 7/8" Long-Tube Headers
American Racing Headers Off-Road X-Pipe
JPC Over-Axle Pipes
Stock Boss 302 side pipes
Borla 13' GT500 S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust

I will put together something more detailed later, but here are a couple videos of how it sounds like. I absolutely love it. Thanks to Nick Filippides @ American Racing Headers for giving me an insight the company and being very patient with me. The American Racing Headers components are both beautiful and well made and their quality speaks for itself. JPC over-axle pipes are excellent as well, as I have had no interference at all between the chassis and the pipes and ive driven 500 km's on them already. Borla is known for its quality so I dont think I have to remind anyone of how awesome they are. Overall I am very happy with everything. Thanks to DaSilva Racing for installing my set-up.

Stock Baseline Dyno

[youtube]http://youtu.be/2dKROZJN7bQ[/youtube]

Tuned Dyno Run - Bama Performance Tune, Airaid CAI, Exhaust as mentioned above, 94 Octane fuel

[youtube]http://youtu.be/u4sho-MYl40[/youtube]

Downshift and Tunnel Run

[youtube]http://youtu.be/B3WmJTTKTww[/youtube]

Dyno Chart

Racing-CAIBAMATunevsCAIExhaustBAMATune_zps0b60f6d4.jpg

cloud9 said:
Any dyno charts you can share with us? Headers sound so good on this car 8)
Yep, Chris's sounded Bad A$$ at CVR.

Very nice setup you installed.

Hey guys, sorry for not adding the dyno data earlier.

The initial pulls were with an Airaid CAI and Bama Performance/Race tune

The latter pulls were with the exhaust added and an upgraded Bama Performance tune.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am installing a set of the ARH headers with off road x pipe and retains the side exhaust. I have the magnaflow comp cat back curious to see how loud its going to be. I have 3/4" side plates ready to drop in if its to loud out the sides.

Justin said:
I am installing a set of the ARH headers with off road x pipe and retains the side exhaust. I have the magnaflow comp cat back curious to see how loud its going to be. I have 3/4" side plates ready to drop in if its to loud out the sides.
Really freaking loud.

Justin said:
like clutch-in to talk to some on the car loud? I have the cat deletes with the same cat back and its loud very loud while on the throttle but off throttle its not bad at all.
No not bad out of throttle or really anytime under 3k rpms.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cloud9 said:
No not bad out of throttle or really anytime under 3k rpms.
thats what I was guessing it would be. I may splice in two loud mouth II mufflers as resonators if I want to quite it down just a hair and knock the raspyness down some

TMO Supporting Vendors