The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Ford Racing Boss High Performance Parts Flyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ran across this PDF FR flyer this morning that covers both the 2012 and 2013 cars.

The Boss lowering springs must be getting close to being released as there's a part number: M-5300–BR

Note there's also a High Performance Clutch Line upgrade advertised in this flyer, hmmm: M-7512-A

Also a 2013 302S grille is going to be offered too.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/high/Ad%20Slick%20PDF%20Folder/mustangpartssheet.pdf

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
I think the JHR clutch line should work just as well at a fraction of the cost. ;)
I think so too probably even better than the ford racing one.

for the springs do you know if they will be just like stock only lower? that would be nice.

thought I would post it straight to the site
[pdf]http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/high/Ad%20Slick%20PDF%20Folder/mustangpartssheet.pdf[/pdf]

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
Justin said:
for the springs do you know if they will be just like stock only lower? that would be nice.
That's my understanding. They are supposed to be a direct bolt on with no other mods needed although I'm sure the relocation brackets and adjustable panhard will be recommended.
so same ride quality (spring rates?)

Justin

yeah I just want the rear to be level with the front. but I dont want the ride to change at all I think its perfect as is ride quality wise

I'm pretty happy with the JHR line as you know. I did speak with several people (who work on Fords) about this when I was having the problem of the clutch sticking down at high RPM shifts. Although no one was sure it would solve the problem they did not see a down side. For me - at this point in time - it did solve the problem along with a new clutch installed by Ford. Was it one or the other, or both combined, I am not sure but I am happy with the results. To me the fact that Ford is even offering this makes you wonder what they know about the problem.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
2012YellowBoss said:
I'm pretty happy with the JHR line as you know. I did speak with several people (who work on Fords) about this when I was having the problem of the clutch sticking down at high RPM shifts. Although no one was sure it would solve the problem they did not see a down side. For me - at this point in time - it did solve the problem along with a new clutch installed by Ford. Was it one or the other, or both combined, I am not sure but I am happy with the results. To me the fact that Ford is even offering this makes you wonder what they know about the problem.
Scott
You are killing me with the pic of those pups. What breed? I have a German Shepherd who just turned 1 in May. Wish I could bring him to the track but he is too much on point. Never relaxes. Good luck with them.
Steve

steveespo said:
Scott
You are killing me with the pic of those pups. What breed? I have a German Shepherd who just turned 1 in May. Wish I could bring him to the track but he is too much on point. Never relaxes. Good luck with them.
Steve

Don't know, they were dumped off at my new place and found them hiding under the deck Sunday. Some people have said the look like a Beagles? They make good tire warmers, don't ya think ;D

2012YellowBoss said:
steveespo said:
Scott
Steve

Don't know, they were dumped off at my new place and found them hiding under the deck Sunday. Some people have said the look like a Beagles? They make good tire warmers, don't ya think ;D

They sure do..lol. I am glad that they found a better home.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
The latest is the BR springs are still in the works but no ETA. The FR P springs are what FR recommends at this time and from my experience they work fine.

I think the BOSS springs are vaporware

TMO Supporting Vendors