The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Ford Racing wheels 18x10.5 BBS and 19x9.5 SVT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I found these surfing the FR website today.

With the new BBS you can run larger track tires or run these on the rear and the 18x9.5 on the front for a staggered fitment. These are a nice but more expensive option to the Enkei PF01's. But of course you gotta pay to look just like the race cars.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23536

M-1007-R1810.jpg

I really like the base wheel on the 2013 GT500 and this is a black version. Now if FR would offer a 19x10.5 width that would be sweet. Obviously these work with the new 15" Brembo front brake package and are forged.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22873

M-1007-SA1995MB.jpg

I really like the BBS wheels, but can they be used for daily driving? I have consistently read that these are "track only" wheels, but what is the risk? As a mechanical engineer I don't see potential issues unless your really getting into some serious potholes at high speed. Anyone know the load rating?

And as usual, great find NFSBOSS!

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
I like them both, the GT 500s always look good. I went round and round :) on the wheels/ tires thing. Looked at everything out there. Decided that I liked the Boss 302s wheels(the price is right) and that I wanted to stay in stock sizing and street rubber for now. Have the bass Boss wheels in storage not sure what to do with those. Put on Michelin super sports 265 front and 295 back. Will do street and track this year with those. When I cross the line into the deep end like so many of you seem to have. I think the Ford racing BBS wheels 18x10 with 295 Hoosiers at all 4 corners would be the ticket. Or if you are on a budget and who isn't Vorshlag has some nice wheels for the Mustang and has the fitment thing perfected. The D-force in flat black would be my second choice from Vorshlag.
went with these,
MUSTANG BOSS 302S 19X9 FRONT 19X10 REAR WHEEL SET WITH TPMS SENSOR KIT

M-1007KIT-DC19910LGB*

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23422

The specs list a 7.7" backspace so the 1/2" width increase is all inboard. While that's good for the rear fitment, the fronts will require a 1/2"+ spacer for clearance.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I finally fit my AMR 18x10's (+47mm offset) with 295/40/18 Hoosier A6's today. The rear clearance is fine but the fronts required a 15mm spacer (smallest hub/wheel centric I could find). With the sway bar link bolt trimmed there is about 1/2" clearance between the tire and the strut (with -2.0 degrees camber). There also doesn't appear to be any fender clearance issues. I ran it through the paces on the street and didn't notice any rubbing or clearance issues anywhere.

sadil said:
I really like the BBS wheels, but can they be used for daily driving? I have consistently read that these are "track only" wheels, but what is the risk? As a mechanical engineer I don't see potential issues unless your really getting into some serious potholes at high speed. Anyone know the load rating?

I'd kind of like to know the answer to this too, even Ford's website says "Race Only" and "Off-road use only" for the black ones.

sadil said:

Thanks. I'm not sure of the load rating. I think the difference is that lightweight racing wheels are very strong structurally and are fine under road racing type loads. Where they don't do as well are real world conditions on public roads. Think large pot holes and running over debris.

TMO Supporting Vendors