The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Four Post Lift Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
Finally got my Bendpak HD-9 lift installed. It's pretty handy and will allow me to do some mild work on my cars.

IMG_0958.jpg

Sweet. How high is the ceiling in your garage?

gleek48

Tapatalk User
Z20WHAT said:
Awesome! Did u install or contract out? Post some more pics... I'm trying to decide between their HD-9 and -9STX.

I contracted it out. Cost about $750 for delivery, installation, service and hydraulic fluid.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
NFSBOSS said:
Sweet. How high is the ceiling in your garage?

Thanks Rick! My ceiling height it 133 inches and about 125 inches to the garage door. The door impacts the last 1/3 of the car or so (where it is sloped down).

I had to get my garage door tracks raised and change out the normal opener to a jack shaft side opener.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I used the lift to install the BMO 3/4 inch side pipe plates. Made it really easy. I am awaiting the oil change drain pan and will change my oil next weekend. NAPA Auto Parts had a nice sale for Castrol Edge Synthetic oil in 5w50 for $5.69 a quart! Now I need to get a oil filter wrench.

Nice! Having a lift at home definitely makes it a lot easier to work on the car. I have an Atlas 2 post lift in my garage. I don't think I can ever go back to crawling around under my car using jackstands.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I didn't look at any other Bendpak's and looked briefly at the Atlas lifts and the Back Yard Buddy. Two local installers recommended the Bendpak. It works pretty well although you should check how level your garage is. I had a approx. 2 inch slope that I had to compensate with some blocks on one end.

TMO Supporting Vendors