The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Fox Body forum for track-focused Mustang enthusiasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
This is obviously a new sub-forum. We could use some help identifying and moving threads here from other places in our forum. If you come across any threads that are geared towards Fox Body Mustangs, please click the Report link in the first post of the thread and let us know that it should be moved here to keep all those discussions grouped together.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Interesting, my other car is a 1988 Mustang Gt bought new, still mostly stock. The Boss was bought 25 years later kind of an anniversary present. Both cars are a lot of fun, different but fun. The black 86 4 eye was mine for a while now it is my son's

View attachment 56653
Would love to see more photos of the '86 if you have any.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
This is my HPDE buddy's Fox. His dad raced it in AI back in the day. He quit racing to help pay for his kids college funds. Now his son (my friend) uses the car to learn in HPDE. The dad wants the two of us to get practice and licensed so the three of us can do enduro events. Thought it was a cool story from a cool car with a lot of family history.

1596730773342.png

1596730791379.png

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
This is my HPDE buddy's Fox. His dad raced it in AI back in the day. He quit racing to help pay for his kids college funds. Now his son (my friend) uses the car to learn in HPDE. The dad wants the two of us to get practice and licensed so the three of us can do enduro events. Thought it was a cool story from a cool car with a lot of family history.

View attachment 57244

View attachment 57245
🤘 Love it! There's something about racing with friends and family that is really special.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I recognize that car....

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Yep, my friend and I were there. You going to BW in October?
Still trying to decide - Speed Ventures is there the following weekend in October, which may be the better HPDE option. The June NASA event at Buttonwillow was packed, and with HPDE 3&4 combined it was a train-fest all day. Speed Ventures pre-grids by lap times within each group, which makes a huge difference in how the session flows. NASA is the best bet for first timers because of their instructor program, but once you get into 3 & 4 it’s a lot of cars with a huge spread in pace. If your goal is time trials or wheel to wheel, the NASA program is the clear choice though.

TMO Supporting Vendors