The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New FR Shifter + Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hello bluetiful...

shifter.jpg

Installing it Friday. Deets after that...

Sesshomurai

Jimmy Pribble said:
Nice! Maybe go with a clear vinyl shift boot to show it off. 8)

You know. That's a cool idea actually. I wonder if such a thing exists!

I will be pounding on this shifter at VIR Feb 16/17 so I will post a track review to this thread then. Friday or Saturday I will post a street review.

Boy that looks close to a Barton Shifter. ??? Have to say it does look nice. 8) but Nice dosent count unless you see it. :( Hope the review is good.

Sesshomurai

boss man said:
Boy that looks close to a Barton Shifter. ??? Have to say it does look nice. 8) but Nice dosent count. :(

Barton makes it. ;)

Tulsa, OK
Nice! And I like your play on words as well ;)

It is a shame you have to cover it up such a great looking piece. I thought the same thing when I installed my MGW. Good luck and let us know how it works out for ya.

GA
DGRacing said:
Hello bluetiful...

shifter.jpg

Installing it Friday. Deets after that...

That would look sweet with my white striped seats. I am thiniking about getting this. A little pricey, but very nice looking and I am starting to dislike the stock shifter.

GA
roadhouse said:
Nice! And I like your play on words as well ;)

It is a shame you have to cover it up such a great looking piece. I thought the same thing when I installed my MGW. Good luck and let us know how it works out for ya.

They could probably save some serious cost on that shifter by ditching the logos and pretty finish that is covered by the boot.

Sesshomurai

PJWANNABE said:
They could probably save some serious cost on that shifter by ditching the logos and pretty finish that is covered by the boot.

It's $412 for both the shifter and bracket from levittown. Not bad. Cheaper than a trans replacement....for now! :D

Shifter is on my list. Was leaning toward Hurst, but this caught my eye when I saw it on Ford Racing's site... Don't you currently have the Hurst, Darren?. Will be anxious to read how it compares.

TMO Supporting Vendors