The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New GHIG in Orlando, FL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone. I just picked up my new GHIG Boss #128 (Vin# 1ZVBP8CU9D5202116) today. I originally ordered a GB which was built May 7th and should arrive at the dealershop next Tuesday. In the mean time, this GHIG, with same options I ordered for the GB, arrived a few days ago (dealer order) so I went to see it yesterday and I was hooked. I completed the deal today and the car is home. Attached are pic's taken at the showroom this morning and at its final home destination along with our other Ford products. For the moment I will attach the personal tag (pic attached) I've owned since 1988 and placed on various Porsche's I've owned; the most recent a 2001 911 Carrera. That should generate some laughs or puzzled looks ??? from the traffic behind.

As many of you already experienced, the drive home was awesome; incredible sound & power and extremely comfortable Recaro seats. I already race a 1972 Porsche 914 in SCCA F-Production class so, unfortunately, due to my 2012 race schedule, this Boss will not see the track until our February 2013 Porsche Club DE at Roebling Roads Raceway in Savannah, GA. .

For now, the only mod's/installs will be the TrackKey, lowering springs , rear Boss 302 decal and replace the antennae for starters.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58753240/GHIG%20Boss%20302/IMG_0070.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58753240/GHIG%20Boss%20302/IMG_0072.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58753240/GHIG%20Boss%20302/IMG_0073.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58753240/GHIG%20Boss%20302/IMG_0074.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58753240/GHIG%20Boss%20302/DSCN1205.JPG

Regards, Pedro.

Congratulations! You can post photos by inserting the url in between the IMG tags above.

IMG_0070.JPG

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Congrats!! I like the GHIG. Looks really sweet in the sun.

What are some first impressions? I have seen posts where Porsche, BMW and Vette owners say that this car is much more fun to drive.

Brian

Bill Pemberton said:
Just change your plate to MY 4D Toy and most won't even notice the difference , ha!!

Bill, that is a very cleaver idea. I'll inquire with the DMV if it's still available......... Tks for the suggestion.

Regards, Pedro.

batman48195 said:
Congrats!! I like the GHIG. Looks really sweet in the sun.

What are some first impressions? I have seen posts where Porsche, BMW and Vette owners say that this car is much more fun to drive.

Brian

It's been raining a lot in Central FL since I brought my car home yesterday afternoon so I have not put a lot of miles on it yet; maybe 40 at most. But, my first impression is that it feels nice and tight. Just starting the car up and hearing that deep throaty sound lets you know you are driving something special. I've not driven it past 60 but it sure gets there real quick ;D . I can tell I got a lot of looks in traffic and had people speeding to catch up to to take a look. I've adjusted to the clutch action just fine; steering is fairly tight; no problems shifting all gears except for 6th which seem a bit "notchy" (probably me adjusting to a six speed tranny again after driving my 2001 996 Carrera); I did experience that 2nd to 4th (3rd gear lockout) gear nuance which is pretty disconcerting (first on the list of things to "re-engineer" ;D ) ; I tried heel & toe and not a problem; the Recaro seats are awesome and fit like a glove. And yes, I'll confess, taking one last peek at Cricket (my wife already baptized the car) in the garage after midnight before heading to bed.

Real performance impressions will have to wait until the Boss hits the track at Roebling Roads in Feb 2013. Racing my 914 in SCCA has helped me overcome my need for speed on public roads but this car is putting that to the test already :)

Regards, Pedro.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Thanks Pedro. I am looking forward to an update once you get a few more miles on her and a few laps around the track. My girlfriend names her cars. I'll have to see what she comes up with for the Boss.

Brian

privera302 said:
Bill Pemberton said:
Just change your plate to MY 4D Toy and most won't even notice the difference , ha!!

Bill, that is a very cleaver idea. I'll inquire with the DMV if it's still available......... Tks for the suggestion.

Regards, Pedro.
Or ENVY 8) for those riding the special bus: green with envy, no slam to the SBY

TMO Supporting Vendors