The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Grille

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the level of complexity to replace the grille? I am not a fan of the stock grille on the boss and I am thinking of installing a CS black billet grille.

Please let me know if you do this. I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. But then again I don't have my car yet, and it will set me apart from all the rest, which is something that I may just very well enjoy. I look forward to seeing what you do in this regard :)

I like the Roush grill. I'm not sure if the grill surround is the one from the GT but if it is it shouldn't be too difficult to replace. Check the Roush website for their grill and they have detailed instructions posted on how to install their grill. It will be pretty much the same procedure with any grill.

Hey guys remember our grills are one pice. You can't just change out the middle or center section you have to change the whole thing out and have it painted. I want to change mine too at first and then realized I would need to paint it.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Hey guys remember our grills are one pice. You can't just change out the middle or center section you have to change the whole thing out and have it painted.

Pretend I'm retarded and I don't know exactly what you mean.

Follow that Roush link I posted about the grill. Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link for installation instructions. 29 step process(including "close the hood") to take out the old grille and install the new one.

Nccstud said:
Follow that Roush link I posted about the grill. Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link for installation instructions. 29 step process(including "close the hood") to take out the old grille and install the new one.

Gracias.

Just got off the phone with Roush. They said the 7 bar billet grill will fit fine on the Boss but he was not sure if the Boss bezel was the same as on the GT. Anybody know that answer?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The Roush one looks great but the install requires drilling etc, and it sounds like you'll have to order a new grille surround for the Boss.

Anyone looking for a quick-fit high-flow grille should look at the Saleen grille, IMO. (Although it appears to be out-of-stock now) It comes with its own grille surround.

http://speedlab.saleen.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=05155481583971081011011107245620112308&store_id=1&dept_id=-1&product_id=7183

6074469946_4a4f31618f_b.jpg

Nice work on the custom grilles, 908SSP!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Boss Grill is one piece (Surround + insert). Two 7mm bolts and then about 8 push pins on the top. Then you try to release the tabs or pull the ever-lovin'-heck out of it and it pops out.

I don't think the Roush will fit without either cutting the center of the boss grill out <or> buying a GT surround.

TMO Supporting Vendors